Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Lions football thread

I am still not convinced that Stafford is the guy, but it is hard to judge when the talent level around him is so low. He has one good receiver, and I still think they need a solid running back. I think they should have tried a little harder for Adrian Peterson. He may be past his prime, but he knows how to hit a hole.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Default 2017 Lions football thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I am still not convinced that Stafford is the guy, but it is hard to judge when the talent level around him is so low. He has one good receiver, and I still think they need a solid running back. I think they should have tried a little harder for Adrian Peterson. He may be past his prime, but he knows how to hit a hole.

-Geoff
    I can respect this response. It's fine to question the guy, as long as you also recognize that the recent struggles are also tied to the pieces around him as well (vs just saying "Stafford sucks!"). The O-Line is devastated, no deep threat, no running game.... I look at the Saints game as Stafford trying to do too much and making mistakes because of that, while still acknowledging that they were, in fact, his mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    I can respect this response. It's fine to question the guy, as long as you also recognize that the recent struggles are also tied to the pieces around him as well (vs just saying "Stafford sucks!"). The O-Line is devastated, no deep threat, no running game.... I look at the Saints game as Stafford trying to do too much and making mistakes because of that, while still acknowledging that they were, in fact, his mistakes.
    I agree. Stafford is definitely the best quarterback we have had in a long long time. Not saying much since the best quarterback they have had in my lifetime is Mitchell. If you go back not too long ago when he had Calvin Johnson, it definitely made him better. We need that high jumping deep threat, a reliable tight end who can catch, and a run game. If we can get that before Stafford leaves, we might go somewhere.

-Geoff

Your asking for a lot of pieces from a team paying one guy so much money....

Calvin was a freak, and Statford killed the guy into retirement with all his high throw jump balls.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

"Stat"Ford.... 400+ yards, not one Touch Down? ( obviously no running game )....FIVE fucken field goals to try to win a game? Should give that 27 mill to Prater...
    Hey can someone let Caldwell that YOU CANT WIN GAMES ON FIELD GOALS!��
    SAL

They stated a number that was crazy....lions had 18 plays in the redzone, no TD's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Like I said a few posts back - they need a power running back. Did you see Washington get stopped in his tracks on that goal line play? If we had Adrian Peterson, I guarantee that would have been a touchdown. Stafford played well. He was hitting guys in holes in the zone all night. It was amazing how well he moved the ball considering the lions have zero run threat that needs to be respected. The Steelers could drop 7 or 8 guys in coverage all night, and he still shredded them. Could you imagine what Stafford could do if the Steelers had to keep 8 in the box to guard against the run?

I have to put a little on the head coach too - you always want them to go for it on 4th down on the goal line, but secretly you are hoping the head coach does the right thing and kicks the field goal. But he didn't this time. In a game that was just seesawing one and two point leads, he went for it and turned it over. Next play was a 97 yard touchdown pass to some guy named Juju. If they had that field goal, then they could have kicked another one in the 4th quarter to make it 21 to 20. Instead, down 15-20, they had to get a touchdown.

-Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    3 more good measuring stick games coming up. One this weekend against the Panthers, then the Steelers and GB down the road. These games, like the Falcons game are the ones I look to to see if they have turned the corner. Win 3 out of the next 4 and I'd say they are legit.

Be interesting to see what they do at the trade deadline if they are.
    Well they have failed to win 3 out of the next four like I had said, they very well could struggle to win even against a Rodgers-less GB.

The Lions run game was brutal yesterday, but the Steelers did everything in their power to lose that game and Stafford and the LOLions just couldn't capitalize.

I started filling this out for you, Mike. But I ran out of time. You can work out the rest.

22688466_1676158555764159_3300091177276568561_n.jpg

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Stafford threw for 400+ yards and no INTs, but no TDs... so it's obvious he is to blame! I mean, when your longest run of the game is 11 yards, you should get rid of your running back.

Oh, wait, the 11 yard run was Stafford. Yeah, longest run of the game was 11 yards and it was the QB.

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Stafford threw for 400+ yards and no INTs, but no TDs... so it's obvious he is to blame! I mean, when your longest run of the game is 11 yards, you should get rid of your running back.

Oh, wait, the 11 yard run was Stafford. Yeah, longest run of the game was 11 yards and it was the QB.

Anybody catch the Barry Sanders references they dropped for Abdullah? That's just a teeny little stretch .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Thread Information