Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1942 Chrysler New Yorker Highlander.

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Default 1942 Chrysler New Yorker Highlander.

Chrysler New Yorker Highlander. Straight 8, runs good. Fluid drive trans. I bought it mostly disassembled, the engine was apart, fenders & trim removed, etc. It was a failed restoration project, you know, where someone takes it apart & that's as far as it ever gets? Well, I saved this one from that fate. It's super solid, from Texas. The amount of paperwork I have with this car is astonishing. Clear Mi title.

The engine was apart when I got it, I honed the block, re-ringed it, ground & lapped the valves, & re-sealed everything. I have two original carbs, one is NOS, but currently it has a more modern 2 barrel on it from a 318. Runs well.

I went through the brakes, rebuilt the master cylinder, rebuilt the front wheel cylinders, replaced the rear wheel cylinders, new rubber brake lines, and turned the drums. It stops ok, but I've only driven the car around my block a couple times, haven't gone more than 30 mph.

There is no electrical in the car, the generator isn't wired in. It runs off the battery, I put new points & a 12 volt condenser in it. I wired in the starter button and ignition switch, but the solenoids on the trans aren't wired in. It still drives, it just doesn't shift itself, you have to shift it manually.

The body is super solid, the car is from Texas. There's one spot in the trunk that's bad, but that's it.

Interior is kinda rough. Front seat bottom has been recovered, the rest aren't. I have lots of spare interior parts. I haven't even gone through it all yet. There's no carpet or headliner, but the bows and there.

Must see to appreciate, could be on the road if you wire it up. The front right glass is cracked, and the right vent window is cracked also. It's all flat glass. The rear axle leaks a little oil, so does the trans. Not bad though.

2200 obo

Craigslist ad for pics

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/6302224016.html
    Last edited by DRAG-ULA; 09-12-2017 at 07:00 AM.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Club Member

Wow, don't see many of those. GLWS!

I love it! Someone needs to finish it mechanically and drive it!

If I thought it had a chance on these dirt roads I would consider it.
    84 Mustang Coupe

Cool

That would be one, very, very cool & fun daily driver!

So many things you could do with this car, many possibilities!

Seems like a great deal to me!

Wow, you're killing me, if I could wrench at all I'd be all over this! GLWS!
    Sick of cars.

Price drop weekend bump. Need these cars gone
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Somebody buy this. I'll cut you a smoking deal. Imperial is gone, now this has to go.

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Sold

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Bump. Asshole on eBay never paid. I need this gone ASAP. Tell your friends, tell your wives/husband's, tell your local bartender. It's gotta go, no trades. I really want to bring home my newest project...

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Quote Originally Posted by DRAG-ULA View Post
    Bump. Asshole on eBay never paid. I need this gone ASAP. Tell your friends, tell your wives/husband's, tell your local bartender. It's gotta go, no trades. I really want to bring home my newest project...
    Honda CB ?

Thread Information