Thread: Project Fi !

Lightbulb Project Fi !

Anybody use google project Fi phone service ? How is the service? Does it work up north? Houghthon lake area. I'm thinking about switching from Verizon and wondering how good project Fi is.

Thanks

Forum Member
    I think I have a Prius stuck in my intake.

I switched from Verizon to Fi about a year ago and haven't wanted to go back since. I have more coverage than I did before and the fact the phone doesn't have bloatware on it makes it great.

I can't speak for the coverage outside of Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Three Rivers and Detroit though, the times I have passed through other areas, its been great.

I have Fi, and I cannot WAIT to get the hell off of it! It basically switches between Tmo and Sprint networks. The switching is slow and glitchy, and your phone goes out of service between switches. When on sprint, you can only do data or voice, not both at the same time. It's infuriating as when you're on Tmo you can, and unless you have an app telling you what network you're on, you're always guessing. Oh, and I drop calls all the time, like literally, ALL the time. To the point where I tell people to text me instead.

YMMV - I'm in the metro detroit area (Troy), on a Nexus 6P.

Can't wait to get off of it. But...it's cheap.

Forum Member

We've had it for several months now. It's been absolutely great.
    The coverage is excellent around Metro (using Nexus 6P and 5X), and outside of it (traveled multiple times to Canada, lots of Europe, Mexico).
    Can't beat $10/G wherever data. Free US calls over wifi while outside of US.
    The billing is what really makes it great for me. So clear and simple.

Thread Information