Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 68K Miles

Default 2014 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 68K Miles

This is a retired municipal vehicle which I purchased second hand. The car runs and drives great and I have logged 4,500 trouble free miles since purchasing it in March. I found a Tahoe PPV that I would like, so I am seeing if there is any interest in this car.

$14,999 OBO

This car is a great platform to build a 4 door family hauler from. Plenty of rear seat legroom and a huge trunk.

68,XXX miles
    6.0 L77 Chevrolet V8 Engine
    GM 6L80E transmission
    OEM 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Rims
    New Delinte D7 (Front) and 275/35/20 (Rear) tires.
    Used Pontiac G8 Front clip installed
    NEW ZL1 Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
    Chevrolet 2014 SS Center Console
    Chevrolet SS Carpet and Floormats have replaced the factory rubber floor... the carpet fits good but does come up about 2" short in both rear corners by the passenger seat......its still better than the old rubber taxicab/copcar floor.
    28% window Tint all around except windshield (No tint on windshield).

The vehicle was involved in a light front end fender bender. There was NO Airbag Deployment or frame damage to the vehicle whatsoever. It was listed as requiring a tow after the accident since the radiator had a leak. The vehicle has a clear title.

Between the time of the accident and when I came into possession of the vehicle, the front end sheet metal (hood, fenders and bumper cover, supports, radiator, lights etc...) disappeared from the vehicle (approximately $6,800 worth of parts). I reassembled the vehicle using a donor Pontiac G8.

EDIT: I HAVE ALL THE PARTS TO DO THE COMPLETE CONVERSION FROM DASH SHIFTER TO FLOOR SHIFTER, I WILL INCLUDE THESE WITH ANY SALE TO A MOTOWN MEMBER. PIECES INCLUDE A FRONT DASH SHELL, SS SHIFTER AND LINKAGE. THIS WILL make the center console look like a factory install, but for now here is the description since it is not installed. The center console in this vehicle is from a 2014 Chevrolet SS sedan. It looks good but did have some gaps where it meets up with the stock Caprice dash. I wrapped some vinyl panels to fill these holes. Also, there was a void where the floor shifter would go, I put a plastic storage tray in this area. Once again, it is not perfect but is 100x better than the stock no console of the police vehicle.

The car is in good shape. It does have the usual scrapes and dings that come with most municipal vehicles. The most notable are the scratches on the passenger side corner of the rear bumper cover and a 1/2" long dent at the lower portion of the passenger side front door. The car looks great as you can see in the pictures, but it is not a show car by any stretch of the imagination. This car still has the ability to draw attention and questions from people.

The vehicle does have several exterior antenna holes and light holes which have been plugged with plastic caps.

All the looks of the G8 with an updated 2014 interior & MyLink!
    Last edited by NBFRC; 08-29-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Pics

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Pics

awesome car. good luck man.
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

damn thats a cool ride glws.
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

Thanks, it will make a fun daily driver for someone.

Club Member

Yeah what a great and fun DD for someone. GLWS!

Somebody buy it and do stuff like this with it!

https://youtu.be/L4ADGW7PJWA

Added some updates to the car.
    Replaced the Black plastic door handles with a set of body color & chrome accented handles, added a used G8 spoiler, and had the spotlight hole in the a pillar filled and painted.

Had a chance to swap out the dash shell to a Chevrolet ss shell. Now the dash and center console meet uo with no gaps. Only thing missing to make this fully civilianized is an ss shifter.

Thread Information