Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hydroboost

Air is likely trapped in the system or it lacks a check valve. If you identify the sensor and you're able to remove the pressure sensor easily, unscrew it and observe it noting how the fluid escapes. Should be steady stream no air bubbles.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    Air is likely trapped in the system or it lacks a check valve. If you identify the sensor and you're able to remove the pressure sensor easily, unscrew it and observe it noting how the fluid escapes. Should be steady stream no air bubbles.
    Don't know where the check valve would be, because I don't have one inline and the instructions don't call for one.

grr

If bleeding the system to rid of any trapped air doesn't yield positive results then I'd be inclined to suspect a faulty component. Power steering pump , hydroboost, or gearbox

I just checked my gauge and it only goes to 400 psi. Not sure that's enough for troubleshooting power steering pressure.

I've noticed 1600-2100 psi for H-boost systems being the norm for high/feed and 500-800 for low/return.

It's almost impossible to cross the lines during install, but double check to make sure the high and low lines are correctly plumbed for the system.

Club Member

Changed the pressure valve, now the rears are totally locked up - Removed the pushrod completely from the rear master so that isn't it...Time for a little more investigation......

New soft lines or unknown age?

Club Member

Update - I got the entire brake thing working now. I dicked around with the bypass valves internal to the powersteering pump and that was the initial no brake problem I had. After increasing the pressure, the rears were locking up and I couldn't get them released without bleeding the system. Seems I had a defective line lock I am going to use for my emergency brake. I removed it and now everything seems to be working...Never ending tale of woe...

Gary

Would using parts from an 03-08 5.9 B-Series Ram simplify yet resolve your issues?

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    Would using parts from an 03-08 5.9 B-Series Ram simplify yet resolve your issues?
    And what would that be?

Thread Information