Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jegs...Huh?

you worked at Gratiot.... damn yer old

In for the third pic.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Don't forget to mention Angelo Giampetroni who after Gratiot closed its doors went on to be the marketing director for Ford Racing , he used to hang out at Total Performance all the time , Linda is an amazing person her memory is incredible she never forgets a name

I also worked at a high performance auto parts store called Gratiot Auto Supply and had to deal with returns. I know how they work and places like Jegs and Summit are based on what Gratiot pioneered. From the 60's thru the 80's Gratiot sold more Holley carbs, Hurst Shifters and BF Goodrich Tires than anyone in the world, among other products. Whenever we got a defective carb, or anything like that, we would put it on a shelf and a rep would come to the store look at the parts and automatically give us a credit and we kept the part!

It was no problem at all for us and there were never any questions asked. I am sure because of the size of Jegs, it would work the same way. It is no skin off their nose to replace the part as they would get another one for free from the Chinese manufacturer.

Linda Vaughn was always at one of the stores during the 70's.

An after and before pic...And best one ever

Attachment 82053[/QUOTE]

Club Member

Gratiot Auto Supply was the place back in the day. Everyone got their stuff there, and Linda was everywhere. Her picture was in just about every car magazine you could buy too.

Good luck with the prop valve Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    Gratiot Auto Supply was the place back in the day. Everyone got their stuff there, and Linda was everywhere. Her picture was in just about every car magazine you could buy too.

not everybody... some of us went to Ramchargers

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    not everybody... some of us went to Ramchargers
    Or Mid-America Speed Shops

Forum Member

I think she banged everyone in the magazines as well.

Club Member

I went to Ramchargers too but Gratiot first. I think Gratiot was closed or darn near to it when I started going to Ramchargers.

Then there was that place on Gratiot where svopro worked...can't remember the name now. Bought centerlines and a carter carb. Was it Super Shops?

I went to Ramchargers too but Gratiot first. I think Gratiot was closed or darn near to it when I started going to Ramchargers.

Then there was that place on Gratiot where svopro worked...can't remember the name now. Bought centerlines and a carter carb. Was it Super Shops?
    yep, super shops
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    What about buying a replacement unit from jegs then returning the defective one? I know it's not right but they aren't really helping you out here.

Glad to hear that the hydroboost wasn't at fault.
    I had to do this years ago with a tv that was a couples days out of warranty and needed a new power supply. Their solution was to sell me a power supply and ship it from europe ($150 just for shipping). Mine was to buy the same tv and return it. I would have bought the part but after shipping it was half the cost of the tv and they didnt want to work with me at all.

Thread Information