Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th gen f body values

Forum Member

Default 4th gen f body values

I know there was a thread about this recently. KBB and NADA both value the car around $10k in excellent shape. Theres another 02 SS w/ 20k more miles with an asking price of $11.5k. However its an auto and has some modifications done to it.

Is $14k too high for a stock 38k miles car? Ive always wanted one and thinking of picking it up.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/c...352467534.html

Forum Member

I don't think that's absurd if the car is truly what he says it is and it's as clean as it looks. It all boils down to what you value. I paid roughly that for my 2000 SS 'vert back in 2012. I knew it was a little high, but it checked all the boxes for me....62k miles, convertible, the right color, and an M6. To me, it was worth the (potential) small premium to have exactly what I wanted.

That is a nice one. Those SLP options actually came from the factory. If it has the Bilstein suspension I would say it is totally worth that. I buddy of mine sold a Formula Firehawk for $16,750 on bringatrailer last summer. If that SS is a true SLP car then it is probably worth that.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Neighbor sold a Trans Am WS6 red convertible auto for 16,500 this past spring. Wanna say it had around 50,000 miles on it or less.

Sounds fair to me. My friend bought a '98 WS6 with 24k on the clock for $11,500 a couple years back. Still smelled new when he got it, fucker nicotined the inside pretty good now
    '16 Fiesta ST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Sounds fair to me. My friend bought a '98 WS6 with 24k on the clock for $11,500 a couple years back. Still smelled new when he got it, fucker nicotined the inside pretty good now
    Cant stand it when people smoke in newer cars! Im not a smoker so I dont know what it feels like to drive a car without having the craving to smoke ever second while you're in it.

Now Ill have to make a decision as to if I really want the car or not. I definitely do, but then again, $14k could build my current Mustang up quite well and Id have plenty of fun with that.

It’s gots tints tho
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by 93 saturn sl2 View Post
    Cant stand it when people smoke in newer cars! Im not a smoker so I dont know what it feels like to drive a car without having the craving to smoke ever second while you're in it.
    I used to smoke, and smoked in all of my older cars. It's a very difficult odor to get rid of and one thing is for sure, you'll forever lose the new car smell. My Fiesta has almost 12,000 miles on it and still smells new inside. If I was still smoking, it would've been gone long ago.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by 93 saturn sl2 View Post

Now Ill have to make a decision as to if I really want the car or not. I definitely do, but then again, $14k could build my current Mustang up quite well and Id have plenty of fun with that.
    build & finish the stang'

Forum Member

The PO for my beater Yukon smoked like a chimney in it. I got it mostly cleaned up. I get a whiff of it here and there if it's in the sun and the heat and humidity is just right, otherwise it's decent.

What I can't get rid of is the slight smell on my hands from touching the wheel. I need to get a steering wheel cover for sure. I've scrubbed the shit out of it to no avail.

Thread Information