Thread: Mopar Specific Questions

Default Mopar Specific Questions

Looking for accurate engine information regarding the 2.4L's as it's been difficult to find credible/reliable info web searching.

Dodge/SRT produced in a two year window [2008 & 2009] the GEMA I4 "Warhawk" 2.4L for the Caliber. With the short length of time the SRT was available, it also created issues by having low production numbers for replacement parts that is now becoming a real issue. Some parts are interchangeable across various other Mopar products. Those 'common' parts are mostly external to the long block that I am finding.
    What I've been trying to find are other vehicles that uses the same long block or one very similar that may require some noninvasive changes/modifications that will be just as comparable not sacrificing reliability durability.

Repeatably I've found the N/A 2.4L popping up & was wondering; If using the 2.4L N/A block and 2.4L head, would installing sleeves (dayton sleeves to increase reliability over OEM) & the 2.4L F/I rotating assembly, drill & tap for turbo drain & oil squirters - would this be the best logical route then trying to find the near impossible? ie: A known good no issues 2.4 F/I long block to still need re-sleeving as that is a known problem.

N/A 2.4Ls came in the following:

2007–2011 Dodge Caliber R/T
    2007–2016 Jeep Compass
    2007–2017 Jeep Patriot
    2007–2010 Chrysler Sebring
    2008–2014 Dodge Avenger
    2009–2018 Dodge Journey
    2011–2014 Chrysler 200

I'm thinking the "r/t" caliber or journey might be first to know more about & how much matches the SRT.

Almost certain I've found a donor platform.
    2014+ avenger 2.4 looks like it's the same block and head.

May i please ask if anyone knowledgeable to confirm or help identify the differences?

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    Almost certain I've found a donor platform.
    2014+ avenger 2.4 looks like it's the same block and head.

May i please ask if anyone knowledgeable to confirm or help identify the differences?
    Rich, have you tried contacting the guy at Sleepless Performance or the guy at Needless Torque? From what I understand they are both SRT4 gurus.

A while back when they were contacted, they didn't mention other options that sub for a 2.4 caliber SRT engine build. I may have to re-ask presenting them with the above findings.

This one looks like the possible candidate, but I'm still not sure of major changes from a 2014 Avenger 2.4L to the 08 & 09 Caliber SRT 2.4L? ...

These two have integrated filter housings..

Thread Information