Thread: Need some help. Carpentry related.

Default Need some help. Carpentry related.

I usually don't come on here airing my personal/family business but I need some help.

Some of you know my brother Dale, Mymizzery on here. He has had some health problems as of late. He has been in the hospital since Nov. 11. His Diabetes got out of control and he had an infection in his left foot. It got septic and they had to amputate his left leg just below his knee. He is still in the hospital recovering and rehabbing. He will be released soon.

I need someone to help build a handicap ramp at his house. He lives in Warren. His house is on a crawlspace and his door is about 3' to 4' off the ground. He won't be able to navigate the steep steps to get into and out of his house.

He has been unemployed for about a month before this happened and he has no insurance to help him with this.

There is some lumber at his house, but I have no idea what he has and what he needs.

Is there anyone willing to help out? I'm not asking for a handout, but times are tough for my whole family and we really can't afford much right now.

Anyone with the skills/time that would be willing to help us out? It would be greatly appreciated. After 2 heart attacks I can no longer do this type of work anymore.

Thanks, Andy
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Not sure of the exact strategy that goes in to building the ramp but I have the tools and am off work for 2 weeks after this Friday. Would be happy to help someone if they put together some plans for the ramp.

I don't have the skills to build a ramp but if you decide to set up a go fund me account I will gladly donate to help get it done.

Looks like I may have found someone to help me out with this.
    -Andy

2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RSpencer View Post
    Not sure of the exact strategy that goes in to building the ramp but I have the tools and am off work for 2 weeks after this Friday. Would be happy to help someone if they put together some plans for the ramp.
    Thanks! It looks like I have a friend who's coming out this week to look at it for me. I will let you know if we need any help. THANKS SO MUCH for your offer! I really do appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by capone View Post
    I don't have the skills to build a ramp but if you decide to set up a go fund me account I will gladly donate to help get it done.
    Thanks so much for the offer. I really appreciate it! I hope it doesn't come to that.
    -Andy

2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Oh man sorry to hear about Dale... wishing the best for him!
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    Oh man sorry to hear about Dale... wishing the best for him!
    Thanks Sal.
    -Andy

2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Forum Member

Our local United Way used to build these ramps if someone bought the materials. The UAW members would provide the labor. Not sure if they do that in your brother's area or residence or not.Good luck.

Thread Information