Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: **WELP** Looks like it's my turn... divorce attorney thread

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2slow View Post
    My input, get a female lawyer.
    My dad did that. He got hosed. Adult kids, so custody wasn't an issue... but he lost his ass. My mom's lawyer dug deep and got her a ton of money, half the house, future business revenue, etc, etc...

Meanwhile, my mom is sitting at home with an EASY $100k worth of stuff in the house (crystal, jewelry, silverware, Persian rugs, etc, etc)... and I told my Dad "half of that stuff is yours and should count and be divided in the settlement. If she wants to keep it, she needs to give back some of the cash you're giving her. His lawyer never brought that shit up and he never got anything for it.
    Last edited by DetroitStyle; 11-30-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    My dad did that. He got hosed.
    She must have not been a good lawyer. You need a savage.

Always assume the worst in people. You might think she wont do anything, but remember that there are people around her that are giving their opinions.
    Last edited by Driven2slow; 11-30-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2slow View Post
    She must have not been a good lawyer. You need a savage.

Always assume the worst in people. You might think she wont do anything, but remember that there are people around her that are giving their opinions.
    yeah, I can see that. I don't think my mom was in the viscous mode until her sisters got into her ear and started telling her to go hard after everything. Plus you've got a divorce attorney who sees my dad worth probably 7 figures between the house, the business and the various accounts and that's a big payday for them.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

pm coming...
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

your inbox is full
    https://www.cojocarlaw.com/
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

Mike, sorry to hear this. Whatever differences of opinion we have, we can agree that this is bad news and there are no winners or losers in this, it is just something you have to get through. The only advice I have is don't post too much on Motown because she might be reading it. I don't know what help I could give you, but I have a big garage on the East Side (not heated unfortunately) in case you end up in an apartment and need to temporarily move some bikes somewhere safe. Just say the word.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

If her schedule was different, it would be much easier to figure out.

With the way we worked out our schedules
    working opposite shifts, we just slowly but surely drifted apart.
    Unfortunately, it's probably also why we are where we are...
    The above adds up to the reason, but the motive... Is there someone already in the picture?

Sorry to read. Tough time during the holidays, of all times, to have such a situation.

Sorry to hear about this. Best to you and your family. If I can help, let me know. I know a ton of clients in that field.
    Steve Frankiewicz
    President. Frankiewicz Financial
    313-701-2771
    NMLS 164041/130290
    Equal housing lender.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Mike, sorry to hear this. Whatever differences of opinion we have, we can agree that this is bad news and there are no winners or losers in this, it is just something you have to get through. The only advice I have is don't post too much on Motown because she might be reading it. I don't know what help I could give you, but I have a big garage on the East Side (not heated unfortunately) in case you end up in an apartment and need to temporarily move some bikes somewhere safe. Just say the word.

-Geoff
    Appreciate the sentiment and the offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this. I went through it in 2016 and although hard (and very expensive) it was the best thing I've done in years lol.

You should be able to easily get 50/50 custody if you want it. That's what I did, and we do 1 week on/1 week off with the kids. It's a bit hard on them at first, but once they get used to it, it works out fine.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Thread Information