Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: **WELP** Looks like it's my turn... divorce attorney thread

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Sorry to hear this man. Hang in there.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Damn, sorry to hear about this Mike
    SAL

Awe .... Shit , Mike.... well I've been there too.. it really sucks I didn't have kids but its not easy... in the end though it was worth it. Best of luck bud....
    motown muscle southern chapter "we find rust free material for the michigan masses"

08 Mustang GT broke but beautiful

99 saturn SL1 with the air box removed for POWER!!!!
    Ford Chrysler or GM it doesent matter to me as long as its domestic.

1. Delete this thread and any online threads about the divorce
    2. Divorces are 80% emotion and 20 % business, the sooner you get past the emotion and down to business, the quicker it resolves.
    3. The relationship between and a d you wife is like a bell curve, it will be at its worst when you discuss custody.
    4. Anything obtained or paid for with marital assets is dividable.
    5. Everything is negotiable.. everything.
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Any mention of it via your social media stuff will also be found and used against you.

Divorce in Michigan is "no fault", the way it was explained to me. Most of the assets and settlement agreements are hashed out in mediation, so the cases almost never go to trial.

I
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Sorry to hear this and yes opposite shifts does cause "a big gap" in your relationship. I speak from experience. I worked 3rds when my oldest son was still in diapers and my husband worked days in a group home with other female employees. Well he was "venting to one of them" and next thing ya know she feels sorry for him and then they bumped uglies and wasn't at all subtle about it. I was devastated, he was my highschool sweetheart. I am sorry. I know it doesn't mean much rightnow but in the future someone will just capture your heart again. Best of luck to you!
    Julie Bliss Jackson, MI.

1993 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird LT1 14k actual 1 owner sold!!
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT **SOLD**
    2005 Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Solar Yellow

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    Any mention of it via your social media stuff will also be found and used against you.
    I haven't mentioned it on social media. I have mentioned it here and on another forum.

While I certainly feel like this is mostly her fault, I have not said anything untrue or mean spirited, just gave examples of the things that pushed me to this point. We are basically just co-parents right now and have been for a while. Any attempt by me to rekindle a romantic relationship is met with a cold shoulder. It's just dead, she has checked out on our relationship. I think the only reason will fight this is because she realizes that this should go down as joint custody of the children and she doesn't want to "lose them." We are both very involved, loving and caring parents. She cannot picture the kids not being there with her 3-4 days a week and has only continued to go through the motions of marriage because she doesn't want to be apart from the kids.

I have attempted to "get down to business" with her in discussion the potential custody arrangements and what to do with the house and she has told me she isn't prepared to have the conversation. I think she will continue to stall and put this off for as long as possible
    Last edited by DetroitStyle; 12-04-2017 at 06:54 PM.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    I haven't mentioned it on social media. I have mentioned it here and on another forum.

While I certainly feel like this is mostly her fault, I have not said anything untrue or mean spirited, just gave examples of the things that pushed me to this point. We are basically just co-parents right now and have been for a while. Any attempt by me to rekindle a romantic relationship is met with a cold shoulder. It's just dead, she has checked out on our relationship. I think the only reason will fight this is because she realizes that this should go down as joint custody of the children and she doesn't want to "lose them." We are both very involved, loving and caring parents. She cannot picture the kids not being there with her 3-4 days a week and has only continued to go through the motions of marriage because she doesn't want to be apart from the kids.

I have attempted to "get down to business" with her in discussion the potential custody arrangements and what to do with the house and she has told me she isn't prepared to have the conversation. I think she will continue to stall and put this off for as long as possible

I think a lot of couples stay together like you & your wife Mike until
    the children are of age, "grown up". Not saying you should, not saying
    its for everyone, but many times it is the best overall solution for a
    otherwise "bad situation". That is of course, if the couple can reasonably
    get along.

I wish you & your family the best.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    I think a lot of couples stay together like you & your wife Mike until
    the children are of age, "grown up". Not saying you should, not saying
    its for everyone, but many times it is the best overall solution for a
    otherwise "bad situation". That is of course, if the couple can reasonably
    get along.

I wish you & your family the best.
    Thank you
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Thread Information