Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Yukon SLT 4x4 (Pic Heavy)

Forum Member

Default GONE - 2003 Yukon SLT 4x4 (Pic Heavy)

Welp, no longer for sale. We had a little incident last week and the truck is now being totalled by insurance.

Very clean nicely optioned 2003 GMC Yukon SLT 4x4. Light Peter in color, grey interior. All of the pricey “maintenance” parts recently replaced – these are all the problematic things that would need replacing on most other GMT800 vehicles. Everything works on it (many have burned out interior bulbs, inoperable heated seats, and bad gauge stepper motors). Selling only because I worked at GM and recently moved to FCA, and wanted to drive an FCA vehicle for parking purposes. Currently has ~136k miles, but still driving it here and there so mileage will continue to go up. Carfax is clean other than I recently (November) hit a deer. Pics of damage are included – it was all superficial. No frame damage, no body panels even needed to be replaced – it dented the bumper and hood lip and broke the grill and trans cooler. A/C condenser and radiator were also replaced.

I’ve replaced the problem areas – namely, the OE GMT800 fluid lines rot out and fuel pumps fail. All work was done by me, but I can show receipts for materials:
    • All new iridium plugs & wires (within last 15k miles, done in Feb ‘17)
    • New Bosch upstream O2’s (within last 15k miles, done in Feb ‘17)
    • New Delco fuel pump (within last 12k miles, done in April ‘17)
    • New gauge cluster stepper motors, replaced all cluster/steering wheel bulbs (within last 12k miles, done in April ‘17)
    • All new Bilstein 5100 series shocks. New Moog rear springs. (within last 10k miles, done in May ’17)
    • All new OE vinyl coated brake lines (within the last 7k miles, done in June ‘17)
    • All new calipers, rotors, and pads (within the last 7k miles, done in June ‘17)
    • All new OE fuel lines from fuel rail to tank (within the last 7k miles, done in June ‘17)
    • New 265/75-16 Cooper AT/3 All Terrain Tires (within the last 7k miles, done in July ‘17)
    • New Radiator, A/C Condenser, Trans Cooler (just done in November – love tapped a deer)

Interior is very clean and everything works!
    • Push button 4wd (Auto, 2Hi, 4Hi, 4Lo)
    • Factory heated leather seats
    • “Tri-Zone” climate control (driver, passenger, and rear)
    • Power folding mirrors
    • Sunroof
    • BOSE (sweet 6 disc in dash for your Ja Rule CD!)
    • 3rd row seating
    • Trailer brake controller (aftermarket)
    • Remote Start (aftermarket)

Drivetrain runs like new. HVAC blend motors work as they should. Normal superficial corrosion on frame; body is very clean underneath. Paint is very good. Rockers are not rusted/rotted out like most GMT800’s.

Overall, it’s a very clean and very reliable vehicle. I do have the driver’s side step. Removed it to replace the brake lines and haven’t put it back on. Going to list online at $8,900 – would move from that a little for a quick Motown sale.

Superficial Deer Hit: All has been repaired (pics above are after repairs were made)

Last edited by Atrus; 02-07-2018 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Vehicle no longer for sale

Club Member

Needs moar turbo!

Seriously though - bump for a stand-up guy and a comprehensive FS ad. GLWS, bud!
    -Joe
    2015 Chevrolet Malibu 2LTZ
    1961 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Nice Yukon, if i run my DD into a tree soon, i'll grab this in a heartbeat.
    Jason

Firearm & Class 3 Sales/Service/Transfer/Customizing

Forum Member

It's only Dec 14th and we have a crapton of snow already! 4wd works flawlessly - just sayin'

Plus, no nannies (no Stabilitrack) means it's epic for donuts. Fun for all ages! Elegantly and gracefully spin a perfect circle while the heated seats keep yer ass nice and toasty while you listen to vintage your DMX album on the 6-disc BOSE.

How is the body? Is there any bubbling/rust starting, clear coat faded/peeling, etc?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Forum Member

No clearcoat peel at all - the paint is really in great shape. Starting to see a little bubbling on the front fenders. Inside of the doors (where the door skin loops over) has some rust - most notable is the passenger door. As you can see from the pic where I showed the passenger rocker, it's minimal from the outside of the vehicle. There is some bubbling on the aluminum tailgate like they all seem to do. Good news is it won't rust out!

Honestly, my plan was to clean up what rust is there on the doors and throw some rust coverter on it, and then Monstaline it from the beltline down. After cleaning up the small bubbles that are just starting, I was going to throw on some OE-looking fender flares. I think in doing that it'd have several years of service still looking great.

Don't get me wrong - it's a 15 year old, 136k mile vehicle. I looked at quite a few of these before buying this one, and it was by far one of the nicest ones I could find unless you're aiming to get a high dollar mint vehicle.

It definitely is nice for the age/generation. It's one of the cleanest ones I've seen in my search, especially for the price point.

Thanks!

Forum Member

Dumb question, but you guys can see the pics, right? If not, I'll have to look into my account settings. I used to use Photobucket, so I had to go try to use imgur for these.

They work for me.

Pics look to be working!

Thread Information