Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas party fundraiser giveaway

Cool Christmas party potluck fundraiser giveaway

READ ALL THE UPDATES PLEASE!!!!

Calling this a giveaway, because raffles i think are a no-go legally.

I am giving away a Sig P239 Tactical in 9mm. Funds raised will cover the cost of the paperwork processing and the Motown Christmas party.

Specs found here:

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=SI2399TAC

Pic of actual P239 here:

image1 (1).JPG

If we have enough interest, we'll go ahead with this, if everyone says get lost, then no biggie, so here goes my idea:

The giveaway will follow the ways of your typical Wild Game dinner firearm raffle setup. I have attended and ran these before, and are always a big hit, so i figured we might be able to pull off a single giveaway?

I will have a deck of cards(52 cards) that will be shuffled and shuffled and shuffled, then folks can buy a card which will be pulled off the top. The card is ripped in half, with half staying with you and half going into a bucket. When the cards are all sold, we will find a random party attendee to pull a half card from the bucket, and the person with the matching other half will win the paperwork processing of a new P239.

If said winner possesses a michigan CPL, they can do the paperwork, and take their prize home Friday night. Folks without a CPL will just need to come by my place to do the proper paperwork and do a FBI NICS background check. Then after passing, they take the new pistol home.

Cards cost $20 each, or 3 for $50.

If all the tickets were sold individually(highly unlikely) then the raffle would bring in $1040, minus the $650 to cover pistol costs, the club would net $390.

If everybody bought the 3/$50, there would be one remaining single ticket, selling a total of $870, netting the club $220. But feel free to pay the full $20 per ticket price if you want more funds to go to the club for party costs.

Obviously with a mixture of sales, the clubs take would be somewhere in the middle, and i plan on recording who buys what so that their is an accurate count of how the cards were purchased to ensure transparency.

Also, in the event that we are unable to sell enough tickets to at least cover the paperwork processing fee of the pistol, then we would simply refund everyone's money, which is where the bought list also falls into place. But we really are gonna hope this doesn't happen, i'll try pimping these cards to friends that i know would be interested, and keep them listed on the list.

Another good thing, is that for those that are unable to attend the party, but want a chance to win a new toy, as well as help offset the party costs, which i know every year a member or two usually throw Nick some funds for party food and such. I can pre-sale tickets, and we will have folks watch the pre-sale tickets being setup first. I will do them by screen name and we will draw the pre-sale folks cards first, and make a list of their cards and the attending members will be sure to monitor those cards for possible non-present winners. I can accept the pre-sale tickets via PP friends & family for those interested. Pre-sale folks PM me for more info.

I will update the thread here for pre-sale folks tickets and amount submitted to keep all transactions in the open.

I know this is last minute, but the idea just came to me, as i was contemplating doing this for the Motown Billet upper/lower set with serial #1, but that actually sold recently, so this is the only other firearm i have in stock, as i usually don't keep inventory, but these P239's just went on sale, and for those that know, $650 for a new Sig is a awesome deal, as they typically run closer to $1,000, and i have a few in the safe to attest to that.

For now, i am not looking to buy tickets for this, as i shouldn't win the prize i am raffling, but i will try to spread the word to anyone i know is interested in winning, and selling ticket sot ensure we complete this, and throw the club some money.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the party, and hopefully giving this sweet threaded barrel 9mm pistol away.

Jason

Edit....

When you guys let me know what your in for, do me a favor and let me know if your attending the party. If your not attending the party, i'll PM you the PP address to send in your funds for cards. If your attending, then i'll obviously see you there.

Thanks,

EDIT FOR COUNTING OF CARDS---

Pre-sales so far as of 3:36 pm Thursday in my PP account... 53 cards sold as of right now..1 more to go

Ray ---3 cards
    Steve --1 card--
    Matt --3 cards
    Wrath--3 cards
    Siegel1719--1 card
    Scooter70--3 cards
    Reiko--12 cards--- High roller card leader
    pntbllgamer--3
    Yonson--3 cards
    Anthony--3--
    CMYZ28--6 cards
    99electriccobra--3
    DennisH--1
    347Convert(NOT REIKO)--3 cards
    loosenut--1 card
    Dline--1 card
    Wizeguy--3

Folks that have verbally expressed interest and amount if specified: comes to at least another 13 tickets, to be bought at party, or awaiting PP funds.

CJMatt
    Beigg--3
    Dave89iroc--1
    Fryguy302--3
    littlemissgto--1
    Torxila--3
    jsxtreme-1

EDIT_____ So it looks like we are already at a position to sell more than the 52/54 cards in a deck. I was hoping that his would happen, as I knew we where a strong firearms crowd. Their are other options currently .....

--. Cut off at the 52/54 card amount and some will not be able to buy,

or if interest keeps gaining..

--. Add another option to the raffles? we can continue to sell tickets in a few ways. A whole second firearm can be ordered and given away, but I don't think we'll sell a whole other deck of cards without a huge rush at the party. And these P239's that were on sale are out of stock, so it would be a different pistol. Something along the lines of a G19 or M&P9? With the current card sales, we are almost at the point of breaking even on another pistol ($1150 total for two pistols(Glock/M&P) but then we would need to sell more to make money for the party fund. I don't see breaking even being a problem, that is definitely achievable. But I want their to be funds for the club donation also. This would essentially mean that after the original 52 are sold, we start a second giveaway, with the possibility of a second firearm, or DGW lower(s) then if we can't break even, then we do it 50/50 style like the original thought for giveaway #1. This way, folks only buy tickets for the raffle they really want...i.e. P239 or option #2 giveaway.

--. Do a smaller raffle with $10 tickets for a cheaper firearm I can order
    --. Do small raffles for $10 tickets with 10 tickets sold with winner to receive a DGW "D" Lower receiver. Club makes $20 for every lower giveaway

--. sell as many tickets as folks want(1 deck at a time), and I can do DGW "D" lowers as a possible 2nd giveaway, although they are far cheaper than a P239, unless we group a few together? But it allows more prizes, and still get the club more money?

Just need to know what the masses currently are wanting, I am fine with whatever path the club decides to do.

I have the PP invoices for all tickets sold so far, and will distribute cards in that order at the party.

EDITING AGAIN

Ok, for minimal errors, i just keep adding/editing the thread instead of deleting, unless the shit is totally wrong.

As of 10:00pm wednesday, we have 49 cards sold and ready to go. I think we will have the first raffle sold out before the party on Friday, and a bunch more guys that want tickets at the party based upon the above inventory list. I will PM everyone on the "In List" tomorrow night to confirm that they are coming to the party in case they want to PP the funds to get in on the raffle (either first or second)

First off, i miscalculated the cost of the P239, and the 650 doesn't cover the sales tax to the state, so i am planning to sell the two jokers to cover the sales tax and make the first raffle a 54 card draw. I want to make sure everyone is aware of this up front, as i don't mind breaking even, but don't want to eat the sales tax on the deal.

As of now, i am planning on the following based on feedback from folks.

I am selling the 54 cards to wrap up the first P239 giveaway. Hopefully before Friday party time.

Then based upon interest, i will start a second giveaway for a Gen 4 G19 pistol, unless the guys that are buying at the party only want the P239, then we can make some card swapping, or guys can trade cards to get into both raffles? I know i have a couple guys that bought first raffle tickets that would swap to second raffle if needed. The cards will be the same setup and pricing. As long as we break even on the pistol cost then the second raffle can go off, as the club is making good money off the first giveaway, so good odds on the second giveaway. If the second raffle fails to break even, then that pot will convert over to a DGW "D" lower raffle package. Package could be 1 lower for every $100 in cards sold, either all to one winner, or draw a corresponding amount of cards per $100.

This shit is getting long. I promise it will be short and sweet at the party, kinda like.........nevermind.

PM's sent to folks on the "want" list to update with status for giveaway #2.

Jason
    Last edited by ZYA_LTR; 12-15-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    Jason

Firearm & Class 3 Sales/Service/Transfer/Customizing

I'm in
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Sounds good to me...

I'll take a ticket or 2.

Im down for the MM xmas fundraiser or possibly could be called "MM Deck of cards - pot luck"

Anyone not attending that wants to get it on the paperwork processing potluck fundraiser, feel free to PM me for information.
    Jason

Firearm & Class 3 Sales/Service/Transfer/Customizing

sounds good...I'm short on cash, so may only buy 1

I'll be at the party, In for at least 1
    Last edited by dave89iroc; 12-11-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Cool
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    Also, in the event that we are unable to sell enough tickets to at least cover the paperwork processing fee of the pistol, then we would simply refund everyone's money, which is where the bought list also falls into place. But we really are gonna hope this doesn't happen, i'll try pimping these cards to friends that i know would be interested, and keep them listed on the list.

Jason

Jason, everything sounds excellent, but this. Normally if enough
    tickets are not sold to cover the cost of the item (gun), then the
    game converts to a "50 / 50".

Whereas the total amount of the pot of cash, say $420, is then
    split in half and $210 to the game winner and $210 to Motown
    Muscle.

This keeps it much more simple & a lot easier on the person(s)
    handling the game and we would still have a winner!

I'm in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Thread Information