Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Christmas party fundraiser giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    Reiko--12 cards--- High roller card leader
    Damnit ReiKo.

I'm in for one. I'll bring cash.

Read original post.........Updates to be figured out.
    Jason

Firearm & Class 3 Sales/Service/Transfer/Customizing

whats the paypal addy? 2 is $40?

I'm in for 3, need PP.

I’m in for one. What’s the PP address?

Dennis

PP sent.

Dennis

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    Calling this a giveaway, because raffles i think are a no-go legally.

I am giving away a Sig P239 Tactical in 9mm. Funds raised will cover the cost of the paperwork processing and the Motown Christmas party.

Specs found here:

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=SI2399TAC

Pic of actual P239 here:

Attachment 82664

If we have enough interest, we'll go ahead with this, if everyone says get lost, then no biggie, so here goes my idea:

The giveaway will follow the ways of your typical Wild Game dinner firearm raffle setup. I have attended and ran these before, and are always a big hit, so i figured we might be able to pull off a single giveaway?

I will have a deck of cards(52 cards) that will be shuffled and shuffled and shuffled, then folks can buy a card which will be pulled off the top. The card is ripped in half, with half staying with you and half going into a bucket. When the cards are all sold, we will find a random party attendee to pull a half card from the bucket, and the person with the matching other half will win the paperwork processing of a new P239.

If said winner possesses a michigan CPL, they can do the paperwork, and take their prize home Friday night. Folks without a CPL will just need to come by my place to do the proper paperwork and do a FBI NICS background check. Then after passing, they take the new pistol home.

Cards cost $20 each, or 3 for $50.

If all the tickets were sold individually(highly unlikely) then the raffle would bring in $1040, minus the $650 to cover pistol costs, the club would net $390.

If everybody bought the 3/$50, there would be one remaining single ticket, selling a total of $870, netting the club $220. But feel free to pay the full $20 per ticket price if you want more funds to go to the club for party costs.

Obviously with a mixture of sales, the clubs take would be somewhere in the middle, and i plan on recording who buys what so that their is an accurate count of how the cards were purchased to ensure transparency.

Also, in the event that we are unable to sell enough tickets to at least cover the paperwork processing fee of the pistol, then we would simply refund everyone's money, which is where the bought list also falls into place. But we really are gonna hope this doesn't happen, i'll try pimping these cards to friends that i know would be interested, and keep them listed on the list.

Another good thing, is that for those that are unable to attend the party, but want a chance to win a new toy, as well as help offset the party costs, which i know every year a member or two usually throw Nick some funds for party food and such. I can pre-sale tickets, and we will have folks watch the pre-sale tickets being setup first. I will do them by screen name and we will draw the pre-sale folks cards first, and make a list of their cards and the attending members will be sure to monitor those cards for possible non-present winners. I can accept the pre-sale tickets via PP friends & family for those interested. Pre-sale folks PM me for more info.

I will update the thread here for pre-sale folks tickets and amount submitted to keep all transactions in the open.

I know this is last minute, but the idea just came to me, as i was contemplating doing this for the Motown Billet upper/lower set with serial #1, but that actually sold recently, so this is the only other firearm i have in stock, as i usually don't keep inventory, but these P239's just went on sale, and for those that know, $650 for a new Sig is a awesome deal, as they typically run closer to $1,000, and i have a few in the safe to attest to that.

For now, i am not looking to buy tickets for this, as i shouldn't win the prize i am raffling, but i will try to spread the word to anyone i know is interested in winning, and selling ticket sot ensure we complete this, and throw the club some money.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the party, and hopefully giving this sweet threaded barrel 9mm pistol away.

Jason

Edit....

When you guys let me know what your in for, do me a favor and let me know if your attending the party. If your not attending the party, i'll PM you the PP address to send in your funds for cards. If your attending, then i'll obviously see you there.

Thanks,

EDIT FOR COUNTING OF CARDS---

Pre-sales so far as of 9:00 am Wednesday in my PP account... 45 cards sold as of right now

Ray ---3 cards
    Steve --1 card--maybe 3
    Matt --3 cards
    Wrath--3 cards
    Siegel1719--1 card
    Scooter70--3 cards
    Reiko--12 cards--- High roller card leader
    pntbllgamer--3
    Yonson--3 cards
    Anthony--3--
    CMYZ28--6 cards
    99electriccobra--3
    DennisH--1

Folks that have verbally expressed interest and amount if specified: comes to at least another 19 tickets, to be bought at party, or awaiting PP funds.

CJMatt
    347Convert--2
    Beigg--3
    Dave89iroc--1
    Dline
    Wizeguy--3
    Fryguy302--3
    littlemissgto--1
    Torxila--3
    jsxtreme-1

EDIT_____ So it looks like we are already at a position to sell more than the 52/54 cards in a deck. I was hoping that his would happen, as I knew we where a strong firearms crowd. Their are other options currently .....

With the current projections above, we could sell 64ish tickets for a total of $1110ish right now, I think that a few of the singles I have down might be in for 2 or 3 cards, so our number could go up?

--. Cut off at the 52/54 card amount and some will not be able to buy,

or if interest keeps gaining..

--. Add another option to the raffles? we can continue to sell tickets in a few ways. A whole second firearm can be ordered and given away, but I don't think we'll sell a whole other deck of cards without a huge rush at the party. And these P239's that were on sale are out of stock, so it would be a different pistol. Something along the lines of a G19 or M&P9? With the current card sales, we are almost at the point of breaking even on another pistol ($1150 total for two pistols(Glock/M&P) but then we would need to sell more to make money for the party fund. I don't see breaking even being a problem, that is definitely achievable. But I want their to be funds for the club donation also. This would essentially mean that after the original 52 are sold, we start a second giveaway, with the possibility of a second firearm, or DGW lower(s) then if we can't break even, then we do it 50/50 style like the original thought for giveaway #1. This way, folks only buy tickets for the raffle they really want...i.e. P239 or option #2 giveaway.

--. Do a smaller raffle with $10 tickets for a cheaper firearm I can order
    --. Do small raffles for $10 tickets with 10 tickets sold with winner to receive a DGW "D" Lower receiver. Club makes $20 for every lower giveaway

--. sell as many tickets as folks want(1 deck at a time), and I can do DGW "D" lowers as a possible 2nd giveaway, although they are far cheaper than a P239, unless we group a few together? But it allows more prizes, and still get the club more money?

Just need to know what the masses currently are wanting, I am fine with whatever path the club decides to do.

This is a flowing work for what to pursue for option #2 folks. Bottom line is that the P239 will be for the first 52 cards, with the possibility of a second option/add-on/separate firearm. Don't want to make this too sticky with any chance of hurt feelings or problems. Want to make the members happy, and get the club some cash to pay for the night of fun.

Gotta get back to work so let me know feelings on this folks.

Until i have a club decision, i will plan on stopping the sale of card when we hit 54 total pre-sales so that we don't have any problems with over selling tickets and playing the refund game. I have the PP invoices for all tickets sold so far, and will distribute cards in that order at the party.

Jason

Jason, I would recommend sticking to the original plan for raffle #1 and close it
    at 52 cards / paid tickets for the P239.

Perhaps open a second raffle, #2 for another firearm and or a 50/50. You could
    make those tickets / cards $10 each or keep it $20.

Maybe consider opt 1 as planned opt 2 for another f.a. then opt 3+ set lower $ for a knife?

If I can still get one I will paypal ASAP
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Thread Information