Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford GT Rally

Default Ford GT Rally

Video from the annual cluster#$(* I put on.

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

That seems like more than a years worth of planning. Awesome cars and incredible footage.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Wow, looks like an amazing event Dave! Nice work, great video!!

Man, that's livin'. Exciting video. That Grabber Blue GT (or similar) is stunning. And tha green one.... Crazy. A lot more colors than I expected. Amazing cars with some passionate owners. Good stuff.

Awesome.

The rich and movie stars go to Aspen skiing. The people who write the rich and movie star pay checks go to Deer Valley Skiing! True Story
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

so how does the 05-06 compare to the '17 Gt performance wise?
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

The blue one is mine. The design guys gave me a lot of grief over the custom color but I stuck to my guns. It's actually a Porsche color that is quite a bit lighter than Grabber. This color indoors looks like Grabbers outdoors in bright sun.

Park City is really bad ass. Deer Valley is stupid expensive in the winter, but I think Utah long term will blow up because it hasn't been known as a great year round destination, but it's getting there. Summer still has killer mountains, clean air, plenty of water, hiking, great weather a few thousand feet up...can't go wrong. You can still get in to live there at extremely reasonable prices. Probably same or similar to Michigan. That hotel is absolutely killer, 5 diamond, gorgeous, gated up in the mountains, and I want to say our rate was like $250 a night because it's not winter. That's like staying at a Marriott in Chicago. You'd contract herpes staying at a hotel in NYC for that money.

The new GT and old GT are very different. I can see where guys would prefer one of the other depending on what they do with it. Old car is much more of a cruiser, makes a lot of power easily, can be creatively used as a grand tourer, has a nice 6 speed, has super long gears etc. I can see guys that are older prefer the old car because it's more livable, much simpler and it's also vastly cheaper to operate/more reliable. New car is much more of a race car. No storage space, very close to design limits on the engine, real tight 7 speed DCT, let's just say they are "temperamental"...but fuck me is it amazing when you drive it hard. There are certainly faster cars but it takes all of about 10 seconds on the track to figure out that the new car is a race car at it's core in a way the 05 is definitely not, or really any other car available today. I can't really compare it to any other production car I've driven. It's actually not advisable to drive it on the race track because you immediately realize it's really pointless to drive it on the street thereafter. Old car is very much the reverse, fun on the road course but at home on the road. Both are extremely stable at high speed. I couldn't pull on the pulley/tune 06 cars on the straight at the track, which generally make around 650 rwhp.
    Last edited by DBK; 12-18-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Amazing video. I wish I could even tag along for an event like that, looks like nothing but fun.

--Joe

That blue is amazing on that car! Is a custom color a option or do you just have some serious pull? Hard to believe they would allow another manufacturers color. Very cool!

Thread Information