Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay Scam?

I had something similar happen to me just today. I bought a new 1.7cu/ft mini fridge for $50 (about 1/2 of retail), I promptly paid with PP. About an hour later I got an email from Ebay saying the auction was canceled so I just went to PP and canceled the payment. I guess it was too good to be true.

Justin

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post

Yep, click on that Ebay ad & get this...

"This listing (**********) has been removed, or this item is not available."

Gotta be a stolen account like Loosenut said. It shows up every couple days. The last one I looked at the sellers other offerings first. It had a normal looking auction feed of about 20 items, but then like 80 new items got added all at the same time.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

So what are the latest scams? I have some old books listed on there and one of my auctions has a bunch of zero feedback users bidding on it. It is just some old books, but it still makes me nervous.

-Geoff

Don't you have the right / option to block any bidders you want to?

I have seen Ebay listing that state; "Bidders with less than x number
    bid history must email me first in order to bid".

I have seen that but I have never done it. Probably too late now. It would seem kind of weird to put that on an auction that started at three dollars too!

-Geoff

ebay is crazy right now i wouldnt worry about zero feedback bidders, will all the free money out there people are buying , ive sold stuff thats been sitting on ebay for 2 years

its crazy
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    ebay is crazy right now i wouldnt worry about zero feedback bidders, will all the free money out there people are buying , ive sold stuff thats been sitting on ebay for 2 years

its crazy
    I have to re-list so much stuff due to 0 feedback buyers winning or making offers. Mostly expensive electronics. I had a $700 iPad that the 4th buyer finally paid for.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

The guy ended up paying on mine. It was a thee book box set of "The Hunger Games". I sold it for $5.50 and $5.00 shipping. It seems stupid, but I listed five different series of books and they sold for a total of $120. It adds up if you sell enough of them! I hate throwing away books, too.

-Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post

its crazy
    Totally. I put that Hunger Games set up a couple years ago and relisted it four times with no bites. I was actually surprised it sold. I got a couple other series I was thinking about selling - R. A. Salvator Drizzt series I got the first 20 or so. I also have a complete set of Wild Cards - George R.R. Martin's Superhero stories. I was holding off on selling Wild Cards until it got made into a TV show or movie, but I might have to put them up - seen less complete sets go for $150ish.

-Geoff

Thread Information