Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $10k rebates on 2017 Buick Lacrosse through tomorrow!

Club Member

Default $10k rebates on 2017 Buick Lacrosse through tomorrow!

Okay, so when I am bored I price out different cars. I popped on the Buick website to price out the new Regal/TourX and while checking out the incentives on different vehicles, I happened to notice there is $10,000 in legit rebates on 2017 Lacrosse's. Holy crap! If anybody is looking for a luxed up Impala and wants a good deal, if you are GM discount eligible you would be looking at something like $24,500 for a preferred or a 100% loaded Essence for around $32,500. A no option Essence would be around $27,500. The downside is that $3k of the rebates is an Auto Show rebate that is set to expire tomorrow (1/31).
    Scott

lease is pretty cheap too, maybe $220ish for 39 months with ~1200 down...

I hate these 36-39 leases. Seems Way too long. Lol. . I like the 24 month deals we’ve had last couple years.

Oh, man. There is blood coming to the auto industry..... Keep your powder dry, and quit supporting .Gov Motors.

When nearly every new car on the road is a lease, and lease prices are based on monthly payment, you know something is seriously fucked up.

Club Member

Hi Scott. That is a screaming deal!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    Oh, man. There is blood coming to the auto industry..... Keep your powder dry, and quit supporting .Gov Motors.

When nearly every new car on the road is a lease, and lease prices are based on monthly payment, you know something is seriously fucked up.
    I can barely make enough sense of your post to respond but I will try. Lease prices are not based on monthly payment. That doesn't even make sense. Lease prices are based on the projected value of a vehicle at the end of the lease. The difference between the purchase price and residual value is then added to a capitalized cost of the lease company buying the vehicle (usually 10% of price) plus usually some random fees, then that amount is amortized (similar to simple interest) into a monthly payment.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

The approach is different now is what I attempted to say. Personal debt is through the roof, personal savings is nearly nonexistent. People lease cars based on what they can 'afford' per monthly payment. Because there's such a shortage of used cars (thus inflated prices), and new cars are way, way overpriced, that leaves renting as the only option for most. It won't end well. Theses great sales numbers are smoke and mirrors, like everything else.

But how anyone could give GM a dime at this point is beyond me...

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    The approach is different now is what I attempted to say. Personal debt is through the roof, personal savings is nearly nonexistent. People lease cars based on what they can 'afford' per monthly payment. Because there's such a shortage of used cars (thus inflated prices), and new cars are way, way overpriced, that leaves renting as the only option for most. It won't end well. Theses great sales numbers are smoke and mirrors, like everything else.

But how anyone could give GM a dime at this point is beyond me...
    I was talking a purchase with $10k+ off, not a lease. I don't have a problem with leasing either provided said person can afford it. The lease prices are based on your credit score anyway so it's not like someone with a 550 credit score is leasing anything at a cheap price anyway.

Regarding not giving GM a dime, I'm sure I don't need to ask but why? If it is due to their bankruptcy and bail out, does that mean you don't have any money at a bank any more? No investments? It's all in a safe (or tin can) at home or buried in the yard? I'm always amazed that your average "Government Motors" hater still happily has their investments in place and their money at the bank when the banks were the primary driving force behind the bubble bursting and the Great Recession and got the biggest bail out. I've worked for all three of the Big 3 and can tell you the only real difference between Ford not filing for bankruptcy and GM and Chrysler filing is some lucky timing. If it wasn't for Ford mortgaging pretty much the whole company before the market collapsed, they would have been right there with GM and Chrysler.

It also seems like a national pastime lately for people to root for the home team to fail. I just can't say I understand that. I guess we are just so self loathing as a country these days we simply think everyone else does everything better than us.
    Scott

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

I'm pretty happy with the lease I just snagged. $0 down, $220/mo for a loaded Compass Limited 4x4. Looks exactly like this

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the lease I just snagged. $0 down, $220/mo for a loaded Compass Limited 4x4. Looks exactly like this

How many months and mileage limit ?

Thread Information