Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: $10k rebates on 2017 Buick Lacrosse through tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    Sweet I’ll get ahold of him, thanks
    Hes a memeber but I don’t know his screen name off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    FCA employee discount seems a little harder to get now
    For non FCA employees ?

It’s pretty easy for fca employees lol.

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    For non FCA employees ?
    Yep
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    Yep
    Go to parkway

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by BrainFearGone View Post
    Hes a memeber but I don’t know his screen name off hand.
    1BADWS6 I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    Truth be told the new Lacrosse are a super nice product...No one can sell these things right now so their solution? Bring out an even more expensive version of the Lacrosse (Avenir) that already isn't selling LOL
    Oh I'm not knocking the vehicles at all, the price point simply far exceeds my interest in them. I look at those at $30K cars tops. And maybe that's just my mind stuck in a different era, but that's just how I look at it. I mean $45K for a boring midsize grocery getter? I just can't see it. Probably would be interested if the lease deals were smoking hot.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainFearGone View Post
    Francis at golling is the the man.
    x2 on this. The wife and my FIL both got Jeeps from him recently. Good guy to deal with!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    Oh, man. There is blood coming to the auto industry..... Keep your powder dry, and quit supporting .Gov Motors.

When nearly every new car on the road is a lease, and lease prices are based on monthly payment, you know something is seriously fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    The approach is different now is what I attempted to say. Personal debt is through the roof, personal savings is nearly nonexistent. People lease cars based on what they can 'afford' per monthly payment. Because there's such a shortage of used cars (thus inflated prices), and new cars are way, way overpriced, that leaves renting as the only option for most. It won't end well. Theses great sales numbers are smoke and mirrors, like everything else.

But how anyone could give GM a dime at this point is beyond me...
    Dude, what the heck are you talking about? If you don't put a ton of miles on a car a lease is a great deal. It isn't about getting as much as you can monthly afford.

Lets look it at this way. Anyone could have just leased that Buick for $0 down and $200 a month for 3.5 years for 12K miles a year. That is a total cost is $8400.

The alternative is to buy a car. Lets say you don't even buy a new car, you buy a used car. Lets consider a 1 year old Taurus, not even loaded around 10K miles will run you $19K. In the next 3.5 years you'll have to buy brakes, tires and pay for oil changes. Say $800 tires, $300 brakes, and $200 in oil changes. Now i'm talking on the cheap side of things here as well. So not you're total cost into your used car is $20,300. Now we have to consider what you can sell a 4.5 year old Taurus with ~55K miles. Kelly blue book and ebay averages show $10,500 for this car.

So leasing a brand new loaded Buick costs you $8400 for ~3.5 years, while buying a much shittery used Taurus will cost you about $9800 for the SAME amount of use. Its about using your head, not spending as much as possible monthly.

Leasing is absolutely the best way if you don't want to keep the same car for a long time. I drive a lot, and it's still worth it for me to lease. Normally I get 18k mile/yr leases and still blow through the maximum mileage by 10k and when I do that math, it still makes more sense than to have bought the same vehicle. I've been leasing at least 1 car since 99, but usually 2 and sometimes 3. I don't understand the downside at all, I plan to do it as long as it keeps making sense.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Thread Information