Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: $10k rebates on 2017 Buick Lacrosse through tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ultradriver10000 View Post
    So leasing a brand new loaded Buick costs you $8400 for ~3.5 years, while buying a much shittery used Taurus will cost you about $9800 for the SAME amount of use. Its about using your head, not spending as much as possible monthly.
    3.5 years later, the Taurus is still yours... Buy a used Camry or Accord and be even further ahead.

Anyone else notice the 'little' ripples in the market? Tick, tock.

Quote Originally Posted by ultradriver10000 View Post
    Dude, what the heck are you talking about? If you don't put a ton of miles on a car a lease is a great deal. It isn't about getting as much as you can monthly afford.

Lets look it at this way. Anyone could have just leased that Buick for $0 down and $200 a month for 3.5 years for 12K miles a year. That is a total cost is $8400.

The alternative is to buy a car. Lets say you don't even buy a new car, you buy a used car. Lets consider a 1 year old Taurus, not even loaded around 10K miles will run you $19K. In the next 3.5 years you'll have to buy brakes, tires and pay for oil changes. Say $800 tires, $300 brakes, and $200 in oil changes. Now i'm talking on the cheap side of things here as well. So not you're total cost into your used car is $20,300. Now we have to consider what you can sell a 4.5 year old Taurus with ~55K miles. Kelly blue book and ebay averages show $10,500 for this car.

So leasing a brand new loaded Buick costs you $8400 for ~3.5 years, while buying a much shittery used Taurus will cost you about $9800 for the SAME amount of use. Its about using your head, not spending as much as possible monthly.
    Most leases don't cover normally maintained items with that length of ownership. Unless its a premature wear situation; tires, brakes, & wiper blades are the responsibility of the leasee.

We are on the second lease for my wife. Probably keep doing it as we find nice deals. I'd rather she drive a newer vehicle all the time. Granted, my truck is still new, but I want her to have a reliable vehicle with a warranty.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    Most leases don't cover normally maintained items with that length of ownership. Unless its a premature wear situation; tires, brakes, & wiper blades are the responsibility of the leasee.
    My wife had a 3 year 54k mile Malibu lease once and we did not have to do any of the things you describe. I can't imagine the need for any of that stuff - especially tires - in that time frame. I actually check the tread-wear ratings on the tires before I lease just to make sure they have the rock hard rubber that will get me the miles I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    We are on the second lease for my wife. Probably keep doing it as we find nice deals. I'd rather she drive a newer vehicle all the time. Granted, my truck is still new, but I want her to have a reliable vehicle with a warranty.
    I do the same thing. I bought my Camaro, going to buy out my truck after the lease, and then keep leasing for the wife. I never have to worry that way. It solves SO many problems.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Club Member

I think for many of our wives leasing makes sense. The way many of us enthusiasts use our cars it doesn't make much sense. Like when you go off-roading and scratch and dent the crap out of your vehicle. Or when you want to mod it to go racing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    My wife had a 3 year 54k mile Malibu lease once and we did not have to do any of the things you describe. I can't imagine the need for any of that stuff - especially tires - in that time frame. I actually check the tread-wear ratings on the tires before I lease just to make sure they have the rock hard rubber that will get me the miles I need.
    -Geoff
    Had some experiences with some Cadillacs, VWs, & I think 1 ford. Might've been the dealer snowing the customer, but in the end, the customer got stuck with the pile of repairs costs.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    I think for many of our wives leasing makes sense. The way many of us enthusiasts use our cars it doesn't make much sense. Like when you go off-roading and scratch and dent the crap out of your vehicle. Or when you want to mod it to go racing, etc.

x2 There's no real enjoyment working on a DD when ya can spend that time together... or fixing the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    Had some experiences with some Cadillacs, VWs, & I think 1 ford. Might've been the dealer snowing the customer, but in the end, the customer got stuck with the pile of repairs costs.
    It depends a lot on the leasing company too. Some of them nickle and dime you, others are pretty mellow. GMAC and now GM financial seem to be pretty mellow.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

i concur. its no hidden secrete that leases are just long term rentals lol

I'm just laughing that the word 'shittery' was used in a sentence
    Sick of cars.

Thread Information