Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know a good residential electrician?

Quote Originally Posted by Siegel1719 View Post
    How many bus bars in the panel? Are your neutrals and grounds isolated from each other in the panel? If the neutrals and grounds are combined and on multiple bus bars make sure the bonding screws are tight.
    3 bus bars in the panel, neutrals and grounds on the same bars together, but only one of the three bars is sparking and arcing when wiggled. DTE guy verified the bars are tight to the panel. Said it was very weird that it was doing what it was, and that only one of the three is arcing. And also to boot, now my kitchen lights are not working, and my garage door is suuuuuuuuper slow to work. I called Macson electric based on wayfastwhitey's recommendation, Jason is on vacation, but they are sending a tech out this afternoon to check things out. Had to take the day off for this, so i hope it get fixed, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    Jason

Firearm & Class 3 Sales/Service/Transfer/Customizing

wow! Grounding rod come detached maybe?

If ya don mind, please update us with the findings.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    3 bus bars in the panel, neutrals and grounds on the same bars together, but only one of the three bars is sparking and arcing when wiggled. DTE guy verified the bars are tight to the panel. Said it was very weird that it was doing what it was, and that only one of the three is arcing. And also to boot, now my kitchen lights are not working, and my garage door is suuuuuuuuper slow to work. I called Macson electric based on wayfastwhitey's recommendation, Jason is on vacation, but they are sending a tech out this afternoon to check things out. Had to take the day off for this, so i hope it get fixed, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    More then likely a missing or loose bonding screw on that bar.

Was loose screws on that bar, i'm not quite sure how the DTE guy missed it, but in actuality it wasn't his job to even do anything in the panel. The guys @ Macson were great, and easy to deal with. Very friendly and helpful.
    Jason

Was loose screws on that bar, i'm not quite sure how the DTE guy missed it, but in actuality it wasn't his job to even do anything in the panel. The guys @ Macson were great, and easy to deal with. Very friendly and helpful.
    If you don't mind me asking, what did the cost of the repair run? I have (luckily) never had to have any come out for a repair.

Glad to see it was something easy.

Glad to hear they got you covered quick and easy I'll let Jason know his guys did well. Always great to hear good reviews

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by WayFastWhitey View Post
    Glad to hear they got you covered quick and easy I'll let Jason know his guys did well. Always great to hear good reviews
    Glad that we didn't have to hunt you down for a bad recommendation lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what did the cost of the repair run? I have (luckily) never had to have any come out for a repair.

Glad to see it was something easy.
    They charged $125, but they also diagnosed a faulty 3 way switch in my bedroom that i had not gotten around to playing with, so approx. 1 hour of work, and a new switch and switch plate for the $125. Not bad, as the lady on the phone quoted me i think it was...$80 for first 30 minutes, and $40 for every half hour afterwards? or every hour afterwards? Super good guys, and even though it was easy since they were in the basement gunroom, the wife laughs at me because i gave out business cards to the guys as they were gun guys. The wife says i would hand them out to customers in Cabela's if given the chance......and i would if i went to Cabela's, but i have only been twice, and bought the cinnamon cashews with a gift card....prices there are nuts. Damn Pmags run like $16 which is highway robbery.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by CMYZ28 View Post
    Glad that we didn't have to hunt you down for a bad recommendation lol jk
    Don't go making this another Anthony-Lone Racer part deux.......................joking turns into hurt feelings and multi page reputation points - popularity contest - good ol boys club threads...............hehe
    Jason

Elected Club Official

The wife says i would hand them out to customers in Cabela's if given the chance......and i would if i went to Cabela's, but i have only been twice, and bought the cinnamon cashews with a gift card....prices there are nuts. Damn Pmags run like $16 which is highway robbery.
    Cabela's and Dick's/Field and Stream drive me nuts, i hate that our local options are getting smaller and smaller. I ordered 5 pmags and my backup rear magpul sights for $69 delivered.

Thread Information