Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: school shootings... how can it be stoppedl! Thoughts?

Default school shootings... how can it be stoppedl! Thoughts?

I was watching MSNBC on the coverage and they had a video of a student hiding while the murderer was in the classroom shooting.... The screaming of a few girls begging for their life was gut wrenching! I wanted to puke!
    Why cant these sick fucks just put the barrel in their mouths and end there life instead of ruining hundreds of others?
    SAL

Give teachers guns
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    Give teachers guns
    That doesn't solve a damn thing. People will still die if guns are in the school. Hell a kid could draw a gun and probably shoot 3-4 people before the teacher shoots him. Actually he could shoot the teacher first, then unload on the rest of the class.

If guns do not get into the school then no one can be shot. Metal detectors at each door and closed campus.

--Joe

so go full fear at every school? you need someone monitoring those detectors.

this shit is so scary.

its starts with the proper treatment for mental disorders...
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

One teacher with a gun would have helped columbine

(And dont broadcast the teachers have guns)
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Forum Member

Give the teachers guns. It would end this crap. I would much rather a brave teacher ended his life then he had time to go to Mcdonalds for lunch.

The kids are prey with no protection, eliminate the gun free zone. Make a potential threat think twice that he/she may or may not face some kind of resistance.

We need a better mental health system. Mental health is still stigmatized in America to the point that many of those suffering socially isolate themselves and let their thoughts get the best of them. Pills don't solve the problem. Things such as counseling, coaching, and rehabilitation go a much longer way. All we need to do is look at the European countries. For instance, Austria and Belgium have some of the best mental health care in the world, and also more lax gun laws than the US. They get less mass shootings in a decade than we get in a month.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    so go full fear at every school? you need someone monitoring those detectors.

this shit is so scary.

its starts with the proper treatment for mental disorders...
    I think if a teacher wants to have a gun in their bag, then they should be able to get proper training and do it. It is legal in Utah, and the teacher doesn't even have to tell the principal.

Also, Detroit has a special police department for the schools. I don't see the issue with armed guards and metal detectors. We can keep pretending it doesn't happen, or do something about it like they did in Detroit. I heard that the school had like 3000 kids or something. Putting a couple cops in there isn't a bad thing.

-Geoff
    Last edited by WhiteHawk; 02-15-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    We need a better mental health system. Mental health is still stigmatized in America to the point that many of those suffering socially isolate themselves and let their thoughts get the best of them. Pills don't solve the problem. Things such as counseling, coaching, and rehabilitation go a much longer way. All we need to do is look at the European countries. For instance, Austria and Belgium have some of the best mental health care in the world, and also more lax gun laws than the US. They get less mass shootings in a decade than we get in a month.
    I agree. I wish I had the answer to this that isn't just have free mental health. At that point you are at socialized medicine again. I would love to get a solution on mental health though.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information