Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: school shootings... how can it be stoppedl! Thoughts?

Ya....not sure on that one. I guess that 10 year old is out of luck and will need to be patient. I get the problem, my kids are the ones that are over the top mature, to the point that I start to think I did something wrong. I would have no problem leaving a loaded gun out knowing that not one of them would touch it unless they have to, something I would never do.
    On the flip side I don't feel that They should have the same rights as me...when they can't wipe the piss off the toilet seat!
    1997 Lt4 Firehawk #25 of 29.....sold

Quote Originally Posted by ur2slow View Post
    Ya....not sure on that one. I guess that 10 year old is out of luck and will need to be patient. I get the problem, my kids are the ones that are over the top mature, to the point that I start to think I did something wrong. I would have no problem leaving a loaded gun out knowing that not one of them would touch it unless they have to, something I would never do.
    On the flip side I don't feel that They should have the same rights as me...when they can't wipe the piss off the toilet seat!

Well there you go...I've been to more than a few truck stops where nearly zero kids visit. Patrons are easily 99.9% adult. Truckers there are rolling flammable cargo all over the country and tons of those "responsible" adults piss ALL over the seat. It's all in how you were raised and your respect for others.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

How come we didn’t have mental health issues with kids shooting up schools in the 80s, early 90s? I don’t remember it ever being discussed in the news. The worst that would happen at my middle /high school is some kid getting busted with weed or beer. No one ever brought a gun to school.

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    How come we didn’t have mental health issues with kids shooting up schools in the 80s, early 90s? I don’t remember it ever being discussed in the news. The worst that would happen at my middle /high school is some kid getting busted with weed or beer. No one ever brought a gun to school.
    I think it was 1984, a kid brought an unloaded shotgun into our high school and just hung out in one of the rooms until the cops came and hauled him away. Grand Rapids Christian High. I don't even think it made the local paper.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Back in about '93 we had a kid bring a pistol to Jeanette Jr High, he never shot anybody but it did make the news. That was the only incident that I'm aware of. We never had anything like that in high school.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Charles Whitman shot 14 people to death from a school tower at UT in 1966.

Media + monkey see monkey do + social media doesn't help. Media spazzes at every shooting, in between endlessly pimping out the tragedy for ratings. Most of us weren't exposed to this shit until Columbine. If you're 18 now, you've been exposed to it a lot, even if the true frequency hasn't increased that much.

I also like this article in general, if not 100% on specifics. There's a general lack of respect for life period in this country.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-par...the-1518739880
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

Kids and parents on tv screaming about gun control, kids marching to Washington about "Assault Guns" ....politicians with blood on their hands because the NRA supports them...
    Whos brainwashing these people... non of them said anything about the physco behind the trigger and how he even warned the FBI about his plans....
    I think our AR's are going to be in trouble
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    Kids and parents on tv screaming about gun control, kids marching to Washington about "Assault Guns" ....politicians with blood on their hands because the NRA supports them...
    Whos brainwashing these people... non of them said anything about the physco behind the trigger and how he even warned the FBI about his plans....
    I think our AR's are going to be in trouble
    Glad my pile of them is already running deep, and transfer business is good for folks looking to stock up currently. Buds guns is sending a bunch my way.....
    Jason

Firearm & Class 3 Sales/Service/Transfer/Customizing

I beleive 3 or 4 of them going to one of my family member?

Quote Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR View Post
    Glad my pile of them is already running deep, and transfer business is good for folks looking to stock up currently. Buds guns is sending a bunch my way.....
    SAL

Thread Information