Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: school shootings... how can it be stoppedl! Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I agree. I wish I had the answer to this that isn't just have free mental health. At that point you are at socialized medicine again. I would love to get a solution on mental health though.

-Geoff
    It can be difficult to do without socializing medicine as mental healthcare is expensive to begin with. That may be the only way though to some extent, because a lot of those that suffer aren't gainfully employed or they work a low paying job with poor insurance. This can trap them and aid in the problem continuing.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Forum Member

Address mental health appropriately. Stop pussyfooting around it too, fearing you may hurt someone's feelings. Life isn't always far, not everything can be perfectly equal for anyone, and sometimes you just have to deal with it and accept it. If you have relevant mental health issues, you shouldn't own an AR...

...and, controversially, I see no reason ANYONE should own an AR. Handgun - protection. Shotgun/Rifle - hunting/protection. An assault rifle or other similar auto/semi-auto weapon serves no purpose other than to kill people as quickly as possible.

Lastly, I think there needs to be a severe crackdown in punishment for known guilty parties. I think people deserve proper due process to ensure innocent people are not penalized, but when it's KNOWN that this person was caught in the act with absolutely no question whatsoever? Treat them like the shit they are. I don't really GAF what you do to them. Torture, whatever - point is, make it so horrific that nobody would want to endure it. Death or jail is an easy way out to these jackasses. They are pure evil - make them endure things so horrific they'd wish for death or a life behind bars.

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    Give teachers guns
    This. Arm the teachers, principal, vice principal, custodian, groundskeeper Willie if you have to.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Forum Member

The other thing I would say is the tougher "fix" - we're a broken society, as a whole. The sense of entitlement is completely asinine IMO. People need to focus on not being so selfish and being...good people.

There's no empathy - everything is about "me" and how "I" am impacted by anything. That needs to change and it'd fundamentally fix a lot of our problems.

Default school shootings... how can it be stoppedl! Thoughts?

Armed security (police officer/milltary, etc)

Locked down campus (kids get buzzed in at certain times, doors are locked and you can’t enter unless buzzed in)

Metal detectors

Not a gun issue by any means. The kid shouldn’t have owned the weapon, no doubt. But as far as me not “needing” an AR, I’m not sure who is the governing body to determine what I NEED. Do they then determine I don’t need a pickup to drive every day because that’s more likely to kill someone than a bicycle that I could ride instead? Fuck that.

This shit was few and far between prior to columbine. Shit was virtually non existent prior to the 80s (when getting something full auto was a lot easier, dems forget that). Blame falls directly on how the child was raised (although there are examples of parents who tried very hard to raise the kid right and the child just goes full rogue), indirectly on all the shit kids see these days whether it be tv, movies, video games, social media. Parenting is part of balancing that into a kids life and with them being exposed to it at even younger ages, it’s not helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    The other thing I would say is the tougher "fix" - we're a broken society, as a whole. The sense of entitlement is completely asinine IMO. People need to focus on not being so selfish and being...good people.
    I think part of that has to do with the general mantra of "if you work hard, you'll be successful". Face it though, they're are millions out there that can't do much more than push a broom or work on a fast food assembly line. Even if they do receive training in order to work at something more lucrative, it doesn't stick with them. It also doesn't help that just about everybody you see on TV lives a somewhat lavish lifestyle. People see that and want it, but the reality is, most won't attain that or even come close. Instead of the general consensus of success being defined in terms of wealth, maybe it should be defined as living comfortably within your means.
    '16 Fiesta ST

you cant lock the doors from the inside....a kid can just open the door for a "buddy".
    Arm everyone? Hey great until a teacher goes to take a piss and leaves their purse/bag in the room closet and a kid finds it.
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

If that MAN among men assistant football coach had a pistol, instead of being target practice for a pathetic piece of fucking garbage....... he could have returned fire. Possibly ending it.

You can’t take guns away from the good guys.

There will always be bad guys.

Making anything a “gun free zone” makes it actually “shooting fish in a barrel” for the bad guys that will always be.

If bad guys would just follow the laws and rules like the good guys do, there wouldn’t be a problem.

If we could only, somehow someway make murder illegal.

If you kill someone, we will kill you back. I don’t give a fuck about you being rehabilitated and watching cable tv for the rest of your life. Know who can’t do that? The person or people you killed. It’s tough rules, I know. But if you kill someone. SORRY.

Drunk driving and kill someone??
    SORRY!

Pull a gun and kill a person??
    SORRY!

Beat someone to death with your fists or a bat??
    SORRY

those are the rules.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    I think part of that has to do with the general mantra of "if you work hard, you'll be successful". Face it though, they're are millions out there that can't do much more than push a broom or work on a fast food assembly line. Even if they do receive training in order to work at something more lucrative, it doesn't stick with them. It also doesn't help that just about everybody you see on TV lives a somewhat lavish lifestyle. People see that and want it, but the reality is, most won't attain that or even come close. Instead of the general consensus of success being defined in terms of wealth, maybe it should be defined as living comfortably within your means.
    Exactly - last I checked, in this country we are guaranteed Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness. People seem to think they are owed it to be happy, and if they aren't, it's someone else's fault. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it. Everyone has burdens and vices. Some worse than others, but at the end of the day, you're responsible for how you respond to any situation.

People whine about how tough it is now. Maybe it is....but, in the past people didn't pay for cable TV, satellite radio, cell phones, vehicles that warm and cool your junk and practically give you a handy while you roll down the street sipping your $5 coffee. Sometimes you may have to give up a non-essential item and not have it just because it's there. Social media makes it even worse by distorting reality.

I hate the "you can be/do anything" message. It's utterly false. Roll up your sleeves, work hard, be a good person, figure out what makes you truly happy, and go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    you cant lock the doors from the inside....a kid can just open the door for a "buddy".
    Arm everyone? Hey great until a teacher goes to take a piss and leaves their purse/bag in the room closet and a kid finds it.
    There will always be retards too. Can’t fix that.

Cops have Shot themselves in the leg in schools.

Can’t make laws around the small percentage of retards.

I’m not very “PC”

Thread Information