Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: school shootings... how can it be stoppedl! Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    Address mental health appropriately. Stop pussyfooting around it too, fearing you may hurt someone's feelings. Life isn't always far, not everything can be perfectly equal for anyone, and sometimes you just have to deal with it and accept it. If you have relevant mental health issues, you shouldn't own an AR...

...and, controversially, I see no reason ANYONE should own an AR. Handgun - protection. Shotgun/Rifle - hunting/protection. An assault rifle or other similar auto/semi-auto weapon serves no purpose other than to kill people as quickly as possible.

Lastly, I think there needs to be a severe crackdown in punishment for known guilty parties. I think people deserve proper due process to ensure innocent people are not penalized, but when it's KNOWN that this person was caught in the act with absolutely no question whatsoever? Treat them like the shit they are. I don't really GAF what you do to them. Torture, whatever - point is, make it so horrific that nobody would want to endure it. Death or jail is an easy way out to these jackasses. They are pure evil - make them endure things so horrific they'd wish for death or a life behind bars.
    We should also ban “AC”’s too.

“Assault Car’s” plenty of people get killed by them.

“AP,s” too

how many people were killed on 9/11 by those airplanes?

Fast cars kill people

Knives kill people and have a side benefit of not needing to be reloaded!

Bad people WILL ALWAYS FIND AWAY TO BE BAD.

So how many people have died due to drunk driving????

Whose fault is that death??? The car? The person? Or the alcohol?

Inanimate objects cannot, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, NO MATTER HOW YOU ATTEMPT TO TWIST IT. Can not act alone. I have a shit load of guns, ain’t one of them killed anyone. Ever.

I’d ask them why their gun cousins and brothers kill people. But I simply cannot, because they........

Ready for it???

Hold on......

They are INANIMATE!!!!!
    Last edited by Anthony; 02-15-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Address mental health appropriately. Stop pussyfooting around it too, fearing you may hurt someone's feelings. Life isn't always far, not everything can be perfectly equal for anyone, and sometimes you just have to deal with it and accept it. If you have relevant mental health issues, you shouldn't own an AR...

...and, controversially, I see no reason ANYONE should own an AR. Handgun - protection. Shotgun/Rifle - hunting/protection. An assault rifle or other similar auto/semi-auto weapon serves no purpose other than to kill people as quickly as possible.

Lastly, I think there needs to be a severe crackdown in punishment for known guilty parties. I think people deserve proper due process to ensure innocent people are not penalized, but when it's KNOWN that this person was caught in the act with absolutely no question whatsoever? Treat them like the shit they are. I don't really GAF what you do to them. Torture, whatever - point is, make it so horrific that nobody would want to endure it. Death or jail is an easy way out to these jackasses. They are pure evil - make them endure things so horrific they'd wish for death or a life behind bars.
    Sooooooo about the ar15. I feel like it's the middle ground of weapons. It does everything well, just not the best in class. Let's be honest it's made to hit a human silhouette at a 100yds.

A very good friend of mine is pretty left, hates Trump, anti gun, people are gonna die because of Trump, revoke gays getting married, if your not white you are getting deported. So I asked him if he was scared for his family and what might happen to them in the future (he is from India) but 100% American citizen. He said yeah, you just can't trust the government lately.

And I said are you ready to buy a rifle yet?

That's why your should be able to own an ar15. I see your view, but I do see it as the best weapon to have to defend yourself in a situation in which the 2ed amendment was created.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    We should also ban “AC”’s too.

“Assault Car’s” plenty of people get killed by them.

“AP,s” too

how many people were killed on 9/11 by those airplanes?

Fast cars kill people

Knives kill people and have a side benefit of not needing to be reloaded!

Bad people WILL ALWAYS FIND AWAY TO BE BAD.

So how many people have died due to drunk driving????

Whose fault is that death??? The car? The person? Or the alcohol?

Inanimate objects cannot, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, NO MATTER HOW YOU ATTEMPT TO TWIST IT. Can not act alone. I have a shit load of guns, ain’t one of them killed anyone. Ever.

I’d ask them why their gun cousins and brothers kill people. But I simply cannot, because they........

Ready for it???

Hold on......

They are INANIMATE!!!!!
    What's the core purpose of a car? What's the core purpose of an airplane? Seems they have some non-nefarious intentions. By your argument, we should all eat through a tube, because people choke on solid food. Oh, wait - but people choke on liquid too. Let's ban that. The argument makes no sense as all you're doing is flying off the handle with irrelevant comparisons.

Let's look at fact - What's a pistol used for? Self defense primarily, right? What's a long gun used for? Hunting/self defense. What's an automatic weapon used for? Mass killing. I am in no way saying people shouldn't have the right to arm themselves. I am saying there's no need for a 19 year old jackass - or anyone, really - to own an AR. You may like having it but unless you plan on using it for mass killing, there's truly no need for it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    Sooooooo about the ar15. I feel like it's the middle ground of weapons. It does everything well, just not the best in class. Let's be honest it's made to hit a human silhouette at a 100yds.

A very good friend of mine is pretty left, hates Trump, anti gun, people are gonna die because of Trump, revoke gays getting married, if your not white you are getting deported. So I asked him if he was scared for his family and what might happen to them in the future (he is from India) but 100% American citizen. He said yeah, you just can't trust the government lately.

And I said are you ready to buy a rifle yet?

That's why your should be able to own an ar15. I see your view, but I do see it as the best weapon to have to defend yourself in a situation in which the 2ed amendment was created.
    I understand that argument. Let's be honest though....do you REALLY think owning an AR will protect any of us from a corrupt government? That may as well be a friggin' wrist rocket in comparison.

I understand that argument. Let's be honest though....do you REALLY think owning an AR will protect any of us from a corrupt government? That may as well be a friggin' wrist rocket in comparison.
    While the technological gap is there, technology often only wins conventional wars. Realistically, if there was an uprising against the government, there would be a large amount of terrorist tactics involved just like any other point in world history. Some food for thought, the American colonists resorted to terrorist tactics and guerilla warfare against the crown and the loyalists alike. Often decimating entire families, holding people hostage for ransom, or killing to make an example. For all intents and purposes, the American Revolution wasn't won so much by a standing army as it was won by bands of American insurgents in the countryside. There are lots of great books about this. I have a feeling there would be an armed insurgency that would resort to said tactics in the event the population rose up against perceived government oppression.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    While the technological gap is there, technology often only wins conventional wars. Realistically, if there was an uprising against the government, there would be a large amount of terrorist tactics involved just like any other point in world history. Some food for thought, the American colonists resorted to terrorist tactics and guerilla warfare against the crown and the loyalists alike. Often decimating entire families, holding people hostage for ransom, or killing to make an example. For all intents and purposes, the American Revolution wasn't won so much by a standing army as it was won by bands of American insurgents in the countryside. There are lots of great books about this. I have a feeling there would be an armed insurgency that would resort to said tactics in the event the population rose up against perceived government oppression.
    Understand, but I feel the gap is too great now and it'd be a futile effort.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    so go full fear at every school? you need someone monitoring those detectors.
    Whats more fearful.......the potential threat or possibility of being shot at school or having to walk through a metal detector?

--Joe

Understand, but I feel the gap is too great now and it'd be a futile effort.
    But would it really be that futile? All we need to do is look at ourselves for the answers. You can bet that during an armed uprising, some foreign powers will be interested and arm sections of the populace with truly military grade equipment, just as we do in other countries now.
    '16 Fiesta ST

how are armed people gonna protect us from the government when we cant protect our own from russians using facebook?

Laypeople having assault weapons is not cool. We are gonna find out this kid had displayed alot of flags before committing this crime and we did not do anything to stop him or the 17 other mass shooters this year.

and to be clear, schools I have visited in the last year have security guards, armed police officer, metal detectors, screening with wands, as visitor you have to get id swiped...I know when the suspect can blend in with the students that makes it so much harder...but reducing the quantity of guns has to reduce the number of shooters? but I agree we are so far off from being nice, I dont see gun reductions changing the fact that mass shootings happen

Club Member

Rampant liberalism has contributed to many of our social ills. Those that understand this know what I mean, those that don't are part of the problem.

Having said that, mental illness is most often no one's fault. It happens to people and most often has nothing whatsoever to do with "bad parenting". I agree with those that have said that we need to revamp the way we view mental health. It is a brain/chemical disorder. As an example, just imagine if a kid got leukemia and society said "it's bad parenting". Unimagineable, right? People can have sick, malfunctioning brains just like any other part of the body can malfunction.

Thread Information