Thread: Computer repair company that services Livonia area?

Default Computer repair company that services Livonia area?

Long story short, "Microsoft" called my 81y/o father at his business and said he'd been hacked and needs to give over control of his PC and all his info to get it fixed. Silliness ensued and now it needs to be cleaned up. I no longer live in the area so I'm trying to explore my options before making the hike and doing it myself.

There are two PCs at his business that are pretty straightforward. Newer Win10 machines, Gmail in chrome browser, MS office 2007 I believe, and an old version of QuickBooks. Also he has a laptop that was off-site but we want scanned properly to cover our asses.

Anyone you guys can recommend? Really looking for someone with an actual business who's been around a while with quick response time. Would like to explore the idea of a basic service contract for monitoring and the occasional help desk call.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have no recommendation but just want to say that I hate that people are targeting older folks like this.

What about Raj? Doesn't he do business IT support?
    '16 Fiesta ST

Elected Club Official

Try Canton Computers in Livonia at Wayne/Plymouth.

Forum Member

At the end of the day it's about risk tolerance/management, but depending on exactly what transpired, the only way to know for sure that the badguys are out is to wipe and rebuild - either from a backup taken prior to the incident, or a clean install.

Yes, you can run an A/V scan, Malwarebytes, etc. and get 70% assurance level. But there's a lot of malware that AV isn't aware of, and many of these "Microsoft" phone scams are having the gullible end user open up RDP over the Internet, install TeamViewer, VNC, etc. etc..... none of which will show up as malware in any AV scan, yet still allows full remote control of the PC.

Just saying...

Thread Information