Thread: No instrument panel or center console lights after aftermarket radio install

Default No instrument panel or center console lights after aftermarket radio install

I put an aftermarket head unit in my 2002 Mustang GT yesterday. install went fine except for the fact I connected a solid orange wire along with all the grounds. And now everything works except my instrument panel and center console illumination lights. All stock gauges work, just no background lighting to them. I checked my fuses under dash driver side panel and driver side under hood panel. All check out okay. Any ideas?

Here i am, what are your other 2 wishes?

Quote Originally Posted by cobrarwanab View Post
    I put an aftermarket head unit in my 2002 Mustang GT yesterday. install went fine except for the fact I connected a solid orange wire along with all the grounds. And now everything works except my instrument panel and center console illumination lights. All stock gauges work, just no background lighting to them. I checked my fuses under dash driver side panel and driver side under hood panel. All check out okay. Any ideas?
    Pulled #37 fuse again and checked with voltmeter. Fuse checked out ok, had continuity. Replaced it anyway and voila, all lights and dimmer switch work as they should. Don't know what was up with that fuse but thank god for a $5 fix.

Here i am, what are your other 2 wishes?

Thread Information