Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Need a new floor jack. Suggestions?

  1. #11
    Club Member mustangmike6996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mt Clem (the nice part)
    Posts
    6,238

    Default

    I would stay away from Craftsman. I have one that is 15 years old and works great, I have the same model but only a few years old and it bleeds down all the time. The quality just doesnt seem to be there anymore.

  2. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    That costco one kicks the ass of every harbor freight jack I have had.

  3. #13
    Club Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    I have a Costco and I returned it once for the frame not being straight. Only other complaint is that both of them squeak when going up. No idea why. Anyone else have that problem?

    If you want something vintage and older, I've got a Hein Werner O'Boy that I keep moving around but don't really use that I'd sell.

    I know alot of people are talking about the new yellow HF jack - https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...uty-63183.html
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

  4. #14
    Club Member Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    I dont feel tardy
    Posts
    9,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jspec View Post
    try costco. They have a great 3 ton low profile jack for $99.99 and its costco so you can always take it back.
    I got the Costco red low profile

    Lifts my F250
    Even though it shouldn’t

  5. #15
    Club Member Birdie2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Traverse City
    Posts
    6,313

    Default

    I have two of the Costco ones that have been great. One is ~15 years old, the other like 5-6.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Club Member AutoRoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dearborn
    Posts
    5,500

    Default

    zero complaints on all HF jacks so far. The big long orange jack they sell has been great. I even left it outside for a few years...didnt phase it one bit. Also have 2 "race" jacks and a long low profile.


    threw away 2 small craftsmen jacks...
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    11.26 @ 126mph

  7. #17
    Club Member DRAG-ULA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo
    Posts
    3,951

    Default

    Wow. I would've never guessed so many people have HF jacks. I've never been happy with anything I've bought there. Except when they used to carry those Goodyear air hoses. I bought a few of those. And I use their disposable spray gun cups, and one of their throw away primer guns for when I shoot metal flake.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......



    1948 Dodge B1 pickup

  8. #18
    Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Harnessing 620HP up in Holly, MI
    Posts
    11,376

    Default

    I have the 2 ton aluminum from HF and it works well. I wouldn't trust it without jackstands as it seems to lose a mm every few min. But other than that, no issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    Someone referenced Costco so I looked (I'm looking for one right now as well).

    https://www.costco.com/3-Ton-Profess...100222458.html
    I have this 3 Ton for working on my dually and this thing is heavy! If you are rolling it around, no big deal. But if you have to carry it, be ready for a workout! It says it's 58lbs on the site.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

  9. #19
    Club Member Siegel1719's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRAG-ULA View Post
    Wow. I would've never guessed so many people have HF jacks. I've never been happy with anything I've bought there. Except when they used to carry those Goodyear air hoses. I bought a few of those. And I use their disposable spray gun cups, and one of their throw away primer guns for when I shoot metal flake.
    Very true. 95% is throw away junk. However they do have some great stuff in the other 5%. In my experience the Jack has been phenomenal.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •