Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: New ride for a while

After a fun summer of driving the car, it's now back in the garage for the winter.

The last couple times I took it out I almost had an issue getting the key out of the ignition. The column has the usual C4 wear and tear in the tilt mechanism. I need to pull the column this winter and fix it. From what I've read, it's not tough, just a few hundred bucks and time. It's caused by owners using the steering wheel to get in and out of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    After a fun summer of driving the car, it's now back in the garage for the winter.

The last couple times I took it out I almost had an issue getting the key out of the ignition. The column has the usual C4 wear and tear in the tilt mechanism. I need to pull the column this winter and fix it. From what I've read, it's not tough, just a few hundred bucks and time. It's caused by owners using the steering wheel to get in and out of the car.
    theres just a few screws to tighten up 4 to be exact but the first three are the easiest. 4th one you have to remove the pivot I believe, I always skippped that one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    theres just a few screws to tighten up 4 to be exact but the first three are the easiest. 4th one you have to remove the pivot I believe, I always skippped that one lol.
    This one is bad enough that the hi beams won't turn on. Maybe 1/2' of downward play to the driver side

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    This one is bad enough that the hi beams won't turn on. Maybe 1/2' of downward play to the driver side
    yeah I’ve had quite a few g body cars with the same problem. Usually tighten the screws and it’s all good, brights run off a metal rod in the column that’s out of alignment with the loose screws.

I had one fall off in my lap one time luckily I was backing out of a parking spot lol.

Thread Information