Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New ride for a while

Car looks great. I really like the ZR1 wheels. For mufflers, the Borla catbacks sound great on LT1s.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    I just put 50 miles on it yesterday. When it's in overdrive at like 1200 RPM, tipping in to the throttle gives a pretty rough miss that clears up as the RPM gets higher like an over rich condition. I might pull the injectors and check flow/spray pattern. What do you recommend to replace them? OE or aftermarket brand?
    we always put aftermarket , well bosh is what we put in when I was at Masterworks

Swapped the spark plugs, it runs better but still seems to have a fuel issue. The driver side plugs looked ok but the passenger plugs seemed like they were full of fuel. I have O2s to replace as maintenance. I ohmed the injectors, they were 12.2 for all of the passenger side and 12.1 for the driver side.

Might want to make sure the opti is dry, they don’t fare well with moisture, my impala would get damp and run like crap and miss fire.

Not that it justifies being good, but the new opti probably has less than 100 miles on it (replaced many years ago). Whats the best way to check to see if its dry? Its a pain in the ass to get too.

I had to pull mine off and apart and dry it out with a rag and I would hit it with some wd-40. There’s ways to seal them if I remember correctly. Been a long time lol. Google it I’m sure it will come up. Be careful and pay attention when taking it apart.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like an injector pissing fuel. It stumbled on cold start, then I blipped the throttle and it was black smoke (my wife just told me). At cruising speed in OD below 1k rpmits got a terrible miss that clears up with higher RPM. The temp gauge never gets hot (thinking stuck thermostat). So it will never get out of open loop if that were the case. I'm going to play with it more tomorrow.

I have wanted a Vette like that since Gran Turismo 2(color and rims)! Very nice car .

Quote Originally Posted by Nokooler View Post
    I have wanted a Vette like that since Gran Turismo 2(color and rims)! Very nice car .
    Thank you.

Got some more stuff done today. Yesterday was the spark plugs.

Today was front brakes, oil change, driver side upstream O2. The passenger side is giving me shit. I broke my O2 socket. Any suggestions on getting that one out? It's in a shitty spot.

Thread Information