Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a little advice

Forum Member

Default Need a little advice

Long story short, I am living with my girlfriend of 4 years and it’s her house, we broke up and I need to buy a house asap but I am clueless when it comes to loans and rates. What’s best 30 years ? 15 year ? I have about 6-8k to put down and I want to keep a budget of 120k max. I have decent credit 740 and good job history 5 years with my company. Also what are major things to look for when buying a house. I am looking for a 2-3 bedroom ranch style house. I don’t want to rent again and move all my shit in a year, I would rather buy a small simple house. I am 30 years old btw and i don’t really have family to ask for advice. Do I get approved for a loan first or find a realtor, hoping someone here can walk me thru this. I am trying to do this ASAP.

I just want something like this
    https://www.trulia.com/p/mi/dearborn...25--2050113276

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 12sec kid; 04-16-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Call Steve he will get you straight. He’s one of our sponsors simple mortgage

Forum Member

You can’t and shouldn’t rush when buying a house.
    But, I totally understand that you don’t want to rent.
    I’d say really just suck it up and rent and apartment until you can find a decent house, rather than do an impulse buy of a house that’s a pile of crap.
    Some apartments have a clause that will allow you to move out and end the contract if you buy a house, changes jobs, stuff like that, so it’s worth checking into.
    It’s a big deal, so I’d really look around, and then look more when buying a house, you need to see and make sure that everything will work for you rather than getting something and being stuck with it after you find out it’s not for you.

Yes you need to get a pre-approval for what you’re looking to spend first. If you are a Credit union or bank member, check with them first to see who does their mortgages. At the least you can start with them to get a pre-approval.
    Take it for what it’s worth…

X2 on Steve with Simple Mortgage..if your in a hurry, he literally closed on my loan in 12 days start to finish..

X3 for going with Steve.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    You can’t and shouldn’t rush when buying a house.
    But, I totally understand that you don’t want to rent.
    I’d say really just suck it up and rent and apartment until you can find a decent house, rather than do an impulse buy of a house that’s a pile of crap.
    Some apartments have a clause that will allow you to move out and end the contract if you buy a house, changes jobs, stuff like that, so it’s worth checking into.
    It’s a big deal, so I’d really look around, and then look more when buying a house, you need to see and make sure that everything will work for you rather than getting something and being stuck with it after you find out it’s not for you.

Yes you need to get a pre-approval for what you’re looking to spend first. If you are a Credit union or bank member, check with them first to see who does their mortgages. At the least you can start with them to get a pre-approval.
    Take it for what it’s worth…
    ^^^^ Good advice.

I would add, purchasing a house (or any real estate) should be treated
    as an investment. Think about selling the property before you even buy
    it.

If you're new at this real estate thing, do tons of research on any property
    you're considering purchasing, including inspections, visiting the city/township/
    county and getting specific and general area info and visit the house at several
    different times and days as well as talk to the neighbors.

Don't simply trust or rely on a real estate agent to choose or pick your investment.
    Research, consult and work on this until you're knowledgeable & comfortable enough
    to "pull the trigger".

Purchasing the right house for you can be one of the best things you ever did.
    Purchasing the wrong house can be a disaster you'll be paying for, for years!

look in Allen Park... better resale with AP schools

Forum Member

I will get in contact with Steve from simple mortgage I’m guessing you guys recommend staying away from Quicken loans or big bank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple Mortgage will set you up, he might even set you up with someone else if he thinks it will be best for you.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Thread Information