Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts?? NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    I still confused as to why the girls couldnt just join the Girl Scouts and do the same things as the Boy Scouts. That chart is essentially exactly that. Does the membership money/profits go to the same place for Girl and Boy Scouts?
    I think when you get down to it this whole thing is about money. Girl Scout cookies are a selling like a billion dollar a year and the boy scouts can't compete. So they are trying to expand by recruiting girls. I really don't think they are giving in to liberals as a primary purpose, it is just a side effect. They are just trying to stay financially viable.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

When I was in Cub/Boy Scouts, we sold high dollar pop corn (which was pretty hard to sell). Not anywhere near the amount of Girl Scout cookies sold.

I still confused as to why the girls couldnt just join the Girl Scouts and do the same things as the Boy Scouts. That chart is essentially exactly that. Does the membership money/profits go to the same place for Girl and Boy Scouts?
    No, they are completely separate organizations. Boy Scouts of America is doing this because Girl Scouts does not appeal to all girls. There are many who would rather do what the boys do, especially in the Cub Scout age range. We have had many little sisters of Cubs who participated in almost 100% of the things that their brother(s) have been doing (including the Pinewood Derby). Now they are just going to be able to get "credit" for the things that they're already doing. As for the Boy Scout ages (11-17) I don't think we're going to see a ton of participation. As stated, girls will need to form their own troops and it will be at the discretion of the chartered organization.

When I was in Cub/Boy Scouts, we sold high dollar pop corn (which was pretty hard to sell). Not anywhere near the amount of Girl Scout cookies sold.
    I got hustled on that last year I thought I was buying some popping corn and got a half size back of already popped for like 15 bucks. The kid was out near dark pulling a wagon so I didn't put up a fuss and paid him especially since he was putting in a good effort.

As far as the scouts go I never was part of them as a kid so I just assumed that the boy and girl scouts did about the same thing with different uniforms.Id have more of a problem with it if they were now the gender neutral scouts. This sounds more like a reorganization.

Boy scouts need to sell jerky and stuff that includes bacon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    Count me in for a case. Of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    That would be amazing

We sold fertilizer in spring, and wreaths/poinsettias for Xmas. Go figure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Eagle scout myself, my brother is a scoutmaster, nephew is 13 and very active.

Could care less about the change, girls can fart in their sleeping bags and set shit on fire in the woods as much as boys. Nobody is making this happen AFAIK (??) and the Girl Scouts org is pissed.

When I finished Scouts 25+ years ago, some of the pervert/molestation training was just starting. It's not the world we lived in as kids, plain and simple.

I don't think this undermines the core values and principles Scouting has always stood for.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

Club Member

There's always a way to rationalize it. That's why it keeps happening. Oh it's just...whatever. I don't buy it. Been seeing it happen for 50 years and the results speak for themselves. My son was at the 100th anniversary of scouting Jamboree. Obama the A-hole was supposed to make an appearance like any decent American president would, but he skipped it to go on Jimmy Kimmel or some such nonsense. He showed what he thought of Boy Scouts. This is about ending Boy Scouts. This is another step.

Thread Information