Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts?? NOPE!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I volunteer CONSTANTLY at my step sons school. I use 6 vacation days a year to be the Watch Dog in the school all day. It’s FUCKING awesome. Any dad who hasn’t done it should be ashamed. Once or twice a year will change your outlook.
    I help coach his soccer practices
    If your not in their life..... just turn on the damn news to see how they will turn out!!!

Awesome! The best investment you can possibly make is in your children.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Well, the Mormons are out! There goes almost 500,000 scouts or 20% of their members. What is the over under on how long the Boy Scouts Survive? 2020?

-Geoff
    I'll take the Over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Quote Originally Posted by dave89iroc View Post
    From when I was an Assistant Scout Master, the biggest problem we saw was lack of parental participation, couldn't even get the kids dropped off for meetings, a parent to chaperone for weekend camping, etc.

its not lack of kids wanting to join, its lack of parents that don't just want babysitters
    This doesn't just affect Scouts. I've either head coached or assisted both of my kids' sports teams their whole lives and it's worse there than my son's Cub /Boy Scout events. Some parents just don't want to be involved in extracurricular activities.

Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I volunteer CONSTANTLY at my step sons school. I use 6 vacation days a year to be the Watch Dog in the school all day. It’s FUCKING awesome. Any dad who hasn’t done it should be ashamed. Once or twice a year will change your outlook.
    I help coach his soccer practices
    If your not in their life..... just turn on the damn news to see how they will turn out!!!
    thats awesome, good for you !!!!
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    Would anyone in their right mind want to volunteer their free time to the ways kids are being brought up?
    I do, and I'm not patting myself on the shoulder. Do it for your kid, you'll end up positively influencing somebody else's shitty kid in the process. That's just a bonus.

I'm in my 40's now, and am truly grateful for the dads, including my own, that gave up their evenings and weekends, so that we could go camping, and set shit on fire

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Mike
    99 Ultra Classic, 89 Softail, 67 Kaw 250

I spent 5 yrs in Cub/Boy Scouts, I learned a ton from all of the Den Leaders and parents. Scouting related or not. Some parents had obscure hobbies or jobs, we took Den/Pack trips to learn. One of the dads had a huge woodshop so we all built our derby cars there. I learned to respect, properly care for and fold the American flag. A lot of what I learned helped keep a good "moral compass" growing up.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    I spent 5 yrs in Cub/Boy Scouts, I learned a ton from all of the Den Leaders and parents. Scouting related or not. Some parents had obscure hobbies or jobs, we took Den/Pack trips to learn. One of the dads had a huge woodshop so we all built our derby cars there. I learned to respect, properly care for and fold the American flag. A lot of what I learned helped keep a good "moral compass" growing up.
    That's what I'm talking about. There are many young men out there that get no guidance at home (not saying that's you), but they'll tell you they'd have been a disaster without scouts. When you have a political agenda that thrives on failure, immorality and de-stabilized families, it's easy to see why scouting is an enemy.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    That's what I'm talking about. There are many young men out there that get no guidance at home (not saying that's you), but they'll tell you they'd have been a disaster without scouts. When you have a political agenda that thrives on failure, immorality and de-stabilized families, it's easy to see why (an all male) scouting is an enemy.

Just added a little more clarification.

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70 View Post
    To be clear, boys and girls will be separated into different troops. My son's troop has multiple female leaders who are great teachers. I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude to the whole announcement/change and not getting all worked up over what will probably turn out to be a non-issue when there are only a handful of girls who want to join the Boy Scouts of America.

Attachment 83404
    You know what's a great idea? Putting girls and boys age 14 - 20 together on a camping trip and seeing what happens. lol
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    You know what's a great idea? Putting girls and boys age 14 - 20 together on a camping trip and seeing what happens. lol
    Ventures are something different (and have always been co-ed) .

Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Thread Information