Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts?? NOPE!

Soouts are great. We need more organizations that teach kids values and morals when they are young. The problem is, in there zeal to be Woke, they forgot that a majority of their membership is quite Non-Woke. This is similar to the 2016 failing of the Democratic party when they left their Blue Collar roots in order to appeal to the social justice squad.

Here are numbers from Wikipedia, so take them with a grain of salt:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 17.98%
    United Methodist Church 10703 14.38%
    Catholic Church 10.67%
    Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) 4.93%
    Lutheran churches 4.59%
    Baptist churches 3.76%
    Episcopal Church (United States) 1.7%
    United Church of Christ 1.49%
    Community churches 1.24%

Do the math, that is around 60%. So who exactly are they appeasing by being Woke? Can they survive if they lose 60% of their membership? I don't know the answer to that, but we are getting pretty close to finding out I think. I am not badmouthing or wishing them failure, just looking at the reality of their situation.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I volunteer CONSTANTLY at my step sons school. I use 6 vacation days a year to be the Watch Dog in the school all day. It’s FUCKING awesome. Any dad who hasn’t done it should be ashamed. Once or twice a year will change your outlook.
    I help coach his soccer practices
    If your not in their life..... just turn on the damn news to see how they will turn out!!!
    Bravo man, bravo!!

--Joe

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Do the math, that is around 60%. So who exactly are they appeasing by being Woke? Can they survive if they lose 60% of their membership? I don't know the answer to that, but we are getting pretty close to finding out I think. I am not badmouthing or wishing them failure, just looking at the reality of their situation.

-Geoff
    What's to say that the membership who is affiliated with the churches would just leave scouting altogether? My son's troop is based out of a local Catholic church but if we weren't sponsored by them we would find another sponsor or another troop to join. We don't belong to this particular church and only joined this troop because that's where his friends were going. When I was a Boy Scout our troop was sponsored by the American Legion so there are plenty of other organizations that can sponsor troops. These numbers being thrown around are very over-inflated and not reflective of the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter70 View Post
    What's to say that the membership who is affiliated with the churches would just leave scouting altogether? My son's troop is based out of a local Catholic church but if we weren't sponsored by them we would find another sponsor or another troop to join. We don't belong to this particular church and only joined this troop because that's where his friends were going. When I was a Boy Scout our troop was sponsored by the American Legion so there are plenty of other organizations that can sponsor troops. These numbers being thrown around are very over-inflated and not reflective of the reality of the situation.
    I edited that list down to Religious groups to make a point about their membership. American legion was in the top 10 I think. It is on Wikipedia, I am not just throwing around fake numbers (although I didn't check the bibliography so I might be throwing around someone else's fake numbers).

I am just saying that their choice has consequences. As of last year at least, 60% of their membership was religious based. And they have or are about to lose a giant chunk of it. Why are they letting girls in? Because they are trying to get their membership back. I honestly think that is what they are doing.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    You know what's a great idea? Putting girls and boys age 14 - 20 together on a camping trip and seeing what happens. lol
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturing

ok again .... its been around 20 years ...
    get informed ... quit listening to the drive by media

Families asked for this ... when my son was in cubs ... his little sister and a whole lot of other sisters participated in the BSA program now they will earn recognition for doing it
    https://scoutingwire.org/bsa-launche...-program-name/

Read Mike Rowe's response to the "controversy". Make sure that you read all the way to the end.

https://tribunist.com/news/mike-rowe...he-boy-scouts/

Mike Rowe for president lol

Arrow

Read Mike Rowe's response to the "controversy". Make sure that you read all the way to the end.

Do you mean this quote from Mr. Rowe, "Do I favor co-ed Scouting? Hell no."

Thats why I said to read to the end. Also, see my post earlier in this thread where I showed that it's not co-ed. Girls will have to form their own troops.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Club Member

Read the whole article. Sounds to me like he thinks combining them is a bad idea, but that they both should go forward and combat the "wimpification" of America. And he'd rather have combined scouting than none. While I somewhat agree with that sentiment, the long-term goal is to tear down any institution that embraces the morality, virtues and characteristics that made this unique and great nation. I've known about venture scouts for a decade or so. Saw them the first time when I was at West Point. I was surprised to see female boy scouts, but they didn't intermingle much with the regular boy scouts. In retrospect, that was a predecessor to this step. About 90% of West Point cadets are eagle scouts. How might this move affect our military? Remember, the military is supposed to be about destroying the enemy. It's not about equal rights. What makes the best fighting force?

Thread Information