Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Lapeer dragway has a new owner

Quote Originally Posted by that national View Post
    As a Mayfield Township resident I would hardly say it's "a lot of neighbors " more like a small handful.
    Semantics. How many days can he be open again? The semantics I would use is "Enough neighbors".

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

lapeer, yes the dragstrip sucks but its all we got

Unfortunately that's the world we live in now, a couple complain about something and force everything to change.

If the great Geoff has said it it must be true lol. It’s probably the Democrats fault but don’t worry the grand Chetto will fix it and cut your taxes in 2020. Merica

just happy its still open
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    If the great Geoff has said it it must be true lol. It’s probably the Democrats fault but don’t worry the grand Chetto will fix it and cut your taxes in 2020. Merica
    Don't attack the messenger! It just sounds to me like this guy is stuck in a mess of his own making. It sucks. But running cars at 3 am is bound to ruffle some feathers. And it did.

-Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    just happy its still open
    Totes agree.

-Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Don't attack the messenger! It just sounds to me like this guy is stuck in a mess of his own making. It sucks. But running cars at 3 am is bound to ruffle some feathers. And it did.

-Geoff
    Man the rumors that fly from non knowing sons a bitches is comical to say the least. The PA System is original, from the prior track owner. Minus a few speakers that didnt work and didnt get put back up. There has been no 3am drunken PA announcements.

In fact the ONE night that the track got ran super late was indeed because there was a filming of Pinks All out taking place. The reason it went so late is due to a racer having a driveshaft blow through his trans tunnel mangling his elbow. Track was down for quite some time due to the incident. The Production of this show had a large sum of money into the event and it needed to finish. The last run was done at 2:30am. And the funny thing is that most people in the area including myself never heard a peep. And FWIW there was no restrictions put in place, the track was sold with no time constraints or noise ordinances. He has/is trying to be mindful of the neighbors and has played very nice! I'm afraid at this point he is done being nice. A lawsuit with the prior owner, township and harassers is set in motion and he has the capital to drag this out for a long time. Even if the track is forced to be non operational the losses will trickle down the line and make the involved parties wish they would have just moved....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStang90 View Post
    Man the rumors that fly from non knowing sons a bitches is comical to say the least. The PA System is original, from the prior track owner. Minus a few speakers that didnt work and didnt get put back up. There has been no 3am drunken PA announcements.

In fact the ONE night that the track got ran super late was indeed because there was a filming of Pinks All out taking place. The reason it went so late is due to a racer having a driveshaft blow through his trans tunnel mangling his elbow. Track was down for quite some time due to the incident. The Production of this show had a large sum of money into the event and it needed to finish. The last run was done at 2:30am. And the funny thing is that most people in the area including myself never heard a peep. And FWIW there was no restrictions put in place, the track was sold with no time constraints or noise ordinances. He has/is trying to be mindful of the neighbors and has played very nice! I'm afraid at this point he is done being nice. A lawsuit with the prior owner, township and harassers is set in motion and he has the capital to drag this out for a long time. Even if the track is forced to be non operational the losses will trickle down the line and make the involved parties wish they would have just moved....
    Again, don't shoot the messenger. One night was all it took to move long time neighbors off the fence. It doesn't matter if it was one or ten - the damage was done. BUT - The truth hurts. Then you say they are running more speakers (louder), and that they did run into the middle of the night, it turns out I am "Knowing" because you just confirmed exactly what I posted. We all want to be noble and play the victim here about tracks under attack. But this guy fucked with peoples jobs by running a show the middle of the night. Now he is paying the price.

And newsflash - your statement "he has the capital to drag this out for a long time." just makes him look like an asshole. And if he is bragging about it, then I have zero sympathy for him (and neither will a jury). And this "and make the involved parties wish they would have just moved.... " is a thuggish threat that will play nicely in court. We are talking about what - a dozen neighbors tops? Sit down with them and MAKE A DEAL. For fucks sake, he needs to quit acting like an entitled spoiled brat. The dude fucked up. Instead of lawyering and fighting, admit it, including an actual apology without any "BUT PINKS...", and get the place going again.

-Geoff

Edit: I misread your part about the speakers, but for whatever reason the guy I talked to threw the PA into his rant, so maybe just running it at 3 am was the difference.
    Last edited by WhiteHawk; 10-04-2019 at 09:14 AM.

Good for him hopefully he wins in court, he bought an existing business that makes noise and now it’s a problem because the previous owner can see that this guy is making money and he regrets it. Fuck that old man and the neighbors that don’t like it. If you move close to rail road tracks and don’t
    Like the sound will they stop running for you? Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Again, don't shoot the messenger. One night was all it took to move long time neighbors off the fence. It doesn't matter if it was one or ten - the damage was done. BUT - The truth hurts. Then you say they are running more speakers (louder), and that they did run into the middle of the night, it turns out I am "Knowing" because you just confirmed exactly what I posted. We all want to be noble and play the victim here about tracks under attack. But this guy fucked with peoples jobs by running a show the middle of the night. Now he is paying the price.

And newsflash - your statement "he has the capital to drag this out for a long time." just makes him look like an asshole. And if he is bragging about it, then I have zero sympathy for him (and neither will a jury). And this "and make the involved parties wish they would have just moved.... " is a thuggish threat that will play nicely in court. We are talking about what - a dozen neighbors tops? Sit down with them and MAKE A DEAL. For fucks sake, he needs to quit acting like an entitled spoiled brat. The dude fucked up. Instead of lawyering and fighting, admit it, including an actual apology without any "BUT PINKS...", and get the place going again.

-Geoff

Edit: I misread your part about the speakers, but for whatever reason the guy I talked to threw the PA into his rant, so maybe just running it at 3 am was the difference.
    You aren’t really understanding. What do you do when you as a track owner are put into that position? They finished the show. It wasn’t a planned ordeal but they did what they had to do. As for the complaining neighbors, this plan they have to limit hours and or shut the track down had been in motion since way before that. This one event made no impact on their motive.

Everything done to this track has been done by the book. He got necessary permission where needed and like I stated he didn’t have restrictions. So there was nothing going against the grain doing what he did. This is a case of a few bad seeds paying off a judge. Karma will play its course.

As for my statements where I said he has the money to drag this on, that is towards the ones that thought he would fail, he’s not giving up and will make sure the right thing is done no matter how long it takes. He’s sunk millions in the facility to make it a nice place for people to enjoy. He’s tried to play nice with everyone and be reasonable. And he has kept getting shit on. There’s a lot of miserable people in this world that have nothing better to do than try and bring others success down. That’s what this case is all about. None of these statements are out of his mouth, this is all observations I’ve made based on factual information. I live less than a mile from the track and have been involved since day one of everything going on. The things I’ve read that are so far from the truth really boil my blood.

in my opinion it’s best for the township to come to a reasonable agreement with the owner of the track that will benefit all parties, because without a doubt the current injunction imposed is asinine.

Thread Information