Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picking Up a New Open Aluminum Trailer

Have you looked at Rance, Featherlite or ATC? All really good aluminum trailer manufacturers.

--Joe

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post
    Have you looked at Rance, Featherlite or ATC? All really good aluminum trailer manufacturers.
    Checked with them all - Featherlights start at $7500 and the other two start at $5500 with wooden decks. There is a beatup 2004 Featherlight near me and the guy wants $5500 for it. Rusty wheels and bent tongue - He told me he just came down from $6500....

So, I have looked for quite a while now...

grr

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    Includes spare tire with bracket and LED lights. It is a 7,000 pound capacity trailer, which is all I need. It has a 16' x 7' wide deck, which is also all I need. Any part of the trailer behind the cars rear wheels is useless to me. I have had a lot of car trailers and lighter is better for me.

I am glad to hear R&R are decent trailers.........

Gary

That truly does sound like a good deal.

All the available sizes listed in your link are only 7' wide. That's why there is a huge price difference. All other manufacturers are going to be 8.5. You sure you want a 7' wide trailer?

--Joe

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post
    All the available sizes listed in your link are only 7' wide. That's why there is a huge price difference. All other manufacturers are going to be 8.5. You sure you want a 7' wide trailer?
    The deck is 7' wide and the overall width is 8-1/2' wide. Some people list the width by the dimension between the fenders and others list it over the outside of the fenders.

grr
    Last edited by grr456; 05-16-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    Some people list the width by the dimension between the fenders and others list it between the fenders.

grr
    So wouldn't between the fenders and between the fenders still be the same width?
    Alex Stoli

2013 Corvette Grand Sport
    1974 Bricklin SV1

Quote Originally Posted by Torxila
    "We're so tough, we vacation in Detroit"

That looks similar to the one that mdhmi used to have before he went to an enclosed. I used it once to pull my Corvette to the track and it was fine.

As you noted, aluminum trailers seem to hold their value pretty well. Other than some oxidation, they don't look as bad as a steel trailer with crappy black paint that flakes off and rusts and looks shitty after just a few years.

If all you're doing is dragging your car around (shows, drag strip) you don't need a ton of bells and whistles. This one looks like it'll do the job pretty well.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRKCYDE View Post
    So wouldn't between the fenders and between the fenders still be the same width?
    Hahaha...Ooops...Fixed

Nice trailer, good price. Been casually looking at aluminum trailers for a while and this one looks nice.

Currently have a 18' PJ steel car hauler and when I load the jeep (33s, lifted, blah, blah, blah) I will "jump" it up on the trailer without the ramps. Do you guys think an aluminum trailer would tolerate this without bending or damage? Really would like a tilt bed but they're about another $3000.

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

Very nice. I just picked up a 18' all steel for $2600. Would have loved to have an aluminum but couldnt find on this inexpensive

Thread Information