Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Mustang SN95 5.0

Pretty sure I found my issue, the new egr needs to have 1/4 inch grounded off of it. It is hitting on the valve cover, and I had the egr hole wide open. I'm debating on taking the egr back and putting that money towards a delete kit.

I've been chasing my ass on this car .
    I replaced the fuel pump with a bbk 255lph, chasing a grounded injector. Once I was able to find the grounded injector I replaced two injector pigtails, and the car was still running on 7 cylinders. #7 hasn't ran in awhile, the wires were twisted together by hand before I soldered in a new pigtail.
    I tore the gt40p heads off, the passenger side was not sealing like it should. I'll post up pictures of the gasket here shortly. I had oil coming out of the H-pipe when I disconnected it. I sent the heads to a machine shop here in town, no cracks were found, but it needed a valve job and besides the springs everything else was "beat to shit".
    I have confirmed the cam, XE282hr .. really big cam for this setup.
    I'm on the fence about having the heads setup for a different cam, or if I should just run this for next year while I get my 351w around for this car.

Sounds great!

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

This was the last startup before I took the heads to my local machine shop. The heads were slapped together with good springs. The exhaust springs were 200/1000 over what they should have been set to, and it needed a valve job. I got a clean bill of health, valve job + hardware for $285. He was pretty cool about it, even painted my heads grand national black
    I thought I had a bunch of pictures with my fuel pump install, but I cannot find them. I'll grab some pictures/video of the current state of the car.
    If you haven't seen the ad, this XE282hr cam is for sale .

BUMP!
    I've gotten tired of seeing this thing on jack stands. Last night I put on the head gaskets and gt40p heads. I forgot to put the washers on the ARP bolts... so I had to take them back out, I forgot to put the head gasket on the drivers side when I bolted the head down and I dropped a washer LUCKILY in the intake port of the head. I'm not sure if it was the beer or lack of sleep.

I made some makeshift head studs to help me get the head on the block, I did this on my last engine. It's just old head bolts that have the head cut off.

Just a quick overview of the project.
    302w - GT40p heads - Trickflow stage 1 cam - shorty headers HPipe+Bullets - 373 gears - Walbro 255 pump

I'm hoping this combo will net me 106mph + on street tires. I'm going to get some suspension to get this car to leave.
    Next year it'll have megasquirt and a turbo, as long as I can figure this car out and get it to run properly.

Last edited by Nokooler; 07-05-2020 at 11:56 AM.

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Cool

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

That's a pretty solid 2-year bump. Get that thing off the stands and do burnouts.

Thanks!! I've been working on our daily drivers since this :|. I'll have more content, hopefully some good time lapse videos.

I'm excited to see how this compares to my old foxbody, very similar combo.

Thread Information