Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Shows

Club Member

Default Car Shows

I went to a Lions Club Car Show in Rochester this afternoon, just to look. This used to always be a packed show - There were probably only 30 to 40 cars, where normally 200 show up.

I understand it was supposed to rain, but it was nice all morning and didn't rain until about 3...Are all shows like this now? I don't go very often anymore...

Gary

Club Member

I think it's getting that way Gary. How many decades can you look at the same cars and hear the same stories?

Sign of the times.
    almost wouldnt mind seeing a buncha pieced together daily hotrods, but a lot of stigma and other unwanted associations prevent such "creativity" .

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

When I used to go to local car shows it was a way to network with people/ look at their cars/ steal ideas for mine- LOL. Now I just go on the internet/ FB and do the same thing there. Ask people about their cars/ mods online.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

I quit going to all car related events, nothing interesting to me anymore. In my eyes, everything is the same o same o. Absolutely nothing impressive with anything new, any idiot can buy a vet, camaro, stank or hellcat then pay someone to make it “ custom” Sure bad ass, but nothing to see here folks , look there’s a better one right there .... and there , over there plus 100 more on the way!
    Show me a back alley built pinto with a turbo coupe swap , I’d probably dig it enough to look for more than 3 sec. All bets off if it looks like it would cost more than 5 grand also, don’t need to be 50k to be the coolest thing in the lot.
    You might not feel it but sure as hell act it

"Front wheels will jump a Coke bottle on the street." I've heard that more than a few times. That said, I still enjoy shows since its car related.

Some of the cruise nights are packed. My guess is that the threat of rain kept numbers low.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

First off...whats a lions club, Im 35 and assume its like an Elks, American Legion? Moose?, KofC?

What did you drive there?

Last time i took my car to the 7-11 in Taylor(Northline) after work..(tuesdays, the old dudes park there and get their lawn chairs out)...some guy gave me shit for wiping down my car and under the hood.... I usually pop the hood, go get a slurpee, and usually arrive back with people staring at the Inline 6 under the hood and the Q&A starts. The guy giving me shit was in good fun. He goes...."Damnit, now i have to clean mine too.. ".. His 60's muscle had a lot of tree sap, leaves in the cowl,, dust on it.

The Bakers get togethers are great, I think.

I cant wait to get out to Woodward. Just a few laps after getting a RedCoat burger is a good time on sunny days.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Club Member

I drove my regular car there and just went around noon to look at the cars, not participate.

Lions Club is for Leader dogs...
    http://www.rochesterlionsclub.org/

Here was the show flyer
    http://www.rochesterlionsclub.org/in...-a-custom-show

As I mentioned, there are usually a lot of cars in this show and they don't let anything new than a 1993...

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    First off...whats a lions club, Im 35 and assume its like an Elks, American Legion? Moose?, KofC?

What did you drive there?

Last time i took my car to the 7-11 in Taylor(Northline) after work..(tuesdays, the old dudes park there and get their lawn chairs out)...some guy gave me shit for wiping down my car and under the hood.... I usually pop the hood, go get a slurpee, and usually arrive back with people staring at the Inline 6 under the hood and the Q&A starts. The guy giving me shit was in good fun. He goes...."Damnit, now i have to clean mine too.. ".. His 60's muscle had a lot of tree sap, leaves in the cowl,, dust on it.

The Bakers get togethers are great, I think.

I cant wait to get out to Woodward. Just a few laps after getting a RedCoat burger is a good time on sunny days.
    Did you ever replace the cooling fans?? I have a Jegs coupon for $20 off anything over $100 you could use.
    I like pie.

Gotta believe the rain, or threat of rain, scared some people away. Was at the truck/tractor pulls at MIS this weekend and the spectator turnout for the quality of the event was pretty weak. I think that is a problem with any outdoor event these days is the ability to look at radar/instant weather etc, and if it even looks like it might rain people don't go.

On the other hand if you have been a car guy all your life it takes a bit to impress you and after a while you stop going unless it's something special. I try to make a couple shows every year. I don't mind sitting around and hearing the stories about how fast people would be if they actually ran their car.

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

Thread Information