Thread: Skeet/trap/clay pigeon shooting. Skeet. Skeet. Skeet skeet

Default Skeet/trap/clay pigeon shooting. Skeet. Skeet. Skeet skeet

First time ever shooting a shot gun, out of 100 shells shot I hit better than 60%. I’m sure beginners luck or the other guys just suck, we all hit roughly the same.
    I was using a standard 1200fps 8 shot and the gun is a 50-60’s savage #775
    They all had thousand dollar guns and prob paid full price for ammo lol

Because of the unknown and no noticeable difference with this one (pic)I want to get a new choke , any thoughts?
    I’m sure ammo is a big part of consistency and could use some knowledge in that area.E678DDD7-38A4-4043-8671-600204281E6B.jpegE764AD9B-9AA4-41F3-A5B6-97193A268C34.jpegE6C3283C-EDD9-4218-AC38-3BACE1C9861E.jpeg
    You might not feel it but sure as hell act it

Thats fun stuff. Those chokes say Modified, Full, Improved... Shoot them out on paper and see what patterns the tightest, then use that one. Im pretty sure it would be full choke. I've never changed my chokes and have shot 21/25 a few times. Ive only shot skeet 3 or 4 times. I shot 18/25 with an 18" barrel shotgun, no choke.

People that are really good dont miss, they can explain the difference of chokes and different shot size, shooting from close or far on the circle, etc.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Thats fun stuff. Those chokes say Modified, Full, Improved... Shoot them out on paper and see what patterns the tightest, then use that one. Im pretty sure it would be full choke. I've never changed my chokes and have shot 21/25 a few times. Ive only shot skeet 3 or 4 times. I shot 18/25 with an 18" barrel shotgun, no choke.

People that are really good dont miss, they can explain the difference of chokes and different shot size, shooting from close or far on the circle, etc.
    My uncle would shoot at least a couple times a week. He won some awards for 250 straight w/o a miss on the skeet range! As with anything else, practice makes perfect!

Thread Information