Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1964 Corvette String Ray Convertable

Thing I don't get is why not have the decency to reach out to those who did express interests and let them know. I could only imagine how difficult it would have to be to sell one of my fathers cars just due to the memories of it. IDK where or why he jumped the price way up but I could only imagine Barrett-Jackson or MECUM results could have played a part.

Maybe this is an auction...

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

Having family pass away is a horrible thing to go through. With that being said he had a year to decide to keep car or sell the car. He chose to sell it and chose to list it on here for 20k. He also chose not to contact any of us who had cash waiting to negotiate a deal. As others have said he could deleted the ad or contacted us neither of which happened. This isn't about family passing away it's about having zero integrity make right choices.

We may be strangers on here but it's still a car community and some of us been on here long time. I rather buy on here than from CL. Save the BS for CL or Ebay..don't do it fellow members.

Maybe he will sell it for 50k to a guy in Nigeria who wants 10k back after a frauduent wire transfer or takes a cashiers check that ends up fraudulent and ends up with no car and no money.
    Last edited by deputydog; 06-06-2018 at 06:10 PM.

I thought this thread got locked down. Either way, interesting sales tactics

Club Member

As I mentioned, I contacted him the day he posted it saying I wanted to buy it, had cash, etc, etc...Not a peep.

I look on Ebay and while 20K is certainly less than most 64's were selling for, there was one at 25K and some between 28K and 35K, although none now. I know he had a lot of people at 20K and now no one from here at 40K.

But at 40K, there are a lot of very nice cars out there, matching numbers, rust free, etc. The biggest obstacle is now no one from here will do business with him. How do you know if you make a deal with him, he won't move the goal post again?

Just my .02....grr

Maybe this is his motivation on the "new value" https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/c...593139144.html

Sad part is the guy seems to have been on the site for a long while and has posted a lot but doesn't have the decency to communicate to those who were interested.

Forum Member

It's surprising that somebody into cars wouldn't have priced the car more accordingly? Easier to work the price down rather than up. I don't need one but my eyes lit up when I seen $20k. Naturally I figured the old send the money to a Nigerian bank deal.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by JpMotorsports View Post
    Maybe this is his motivation on the "new value" https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/c...593139144.html

Sad part is the guy seems to have been on the site for a long while and has posted a lot but doesn't have the decency to communicate to those who were interested.

Well, this should mean the Vett is sold, right?

"Wanted !!! Corvette 1963 to 1967 private buyer - $40000 (Livonia)

Wanted 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 Corvette looking for a original body but not worried about
    numbers matching either way is fine. I am a private buyer looking for a nice driver car.
    734-915-four one eight seven
    No Text!!!!
    Calls only!!!"

Judging by his profile he’s too busy “exposing Bush lies” to reply. Or maybe he moved on to Obamas and that’s why he’s so busy.

I was contacted back about it and was planing to see it that sunday then never heard anything else from the guy. Yes I am disapointed but not much I can do....
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

Thread Information