Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ride pwc's here?

Default Anyone ride pwc's here?

I'm always out riding either the Detroit river, or Belleville lake. Looking for other people and places to hang out and ride with, or new lakes or rivers to adventure. I also just bought, and get to pick up Tuesday a brand new 2018 Yamaha ex sport, and own a older (1999) Yamaha xl700 (the rental king of the 2000's) that also runs top notch. I usually have a friend or 2 out with me, and we like to have fun goofing around.

Here's my new ex sport.

https://i.imgur.com/g0bHFKJ.png
    https://i.imgur.com/RoKwoRR.png

Forum Member

Everyone I ride with never gets out until sometime in July. I usually ride at Lake St Clair, whatever day has the best weather forecast. 2-6pm is usually when I can make it out there.

I know some of the narrow cuts in the flats, they're fun to cruise through. If you've never been out there let me know, maybe we can meet up and I can show you sometime.

I wish. Of all the things I used to own, I miss the PWC's the most.

just on inland lakes.

Out of curiosity, why a yamaha and not a seadoo?
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

I love sea doo, I really do, but owning both at the same time, multiple different skis even, Yamaha has always been more reliable, and cheaper to maintain because of that reliability. This little ex is a better buy in my eyes compared to the sea doo spark 3up with ibr and convenience package, and the spark still lacks a few things that came standard on this yami. Plus, look at any spark that gets rode hard more than 4 nights a week..... they're rough looking. The composite hull is a different type of material, and innovative..... hopefully in the future we see more refined versions of this original idea sea doo came up with, as I believe sea doo does lead the way with innovative ideas, probably why they get so much criticism as well.

Bottom line, I believe the Yamaha will not only out last the sea doo spark, but will look better, and hold a little more value in the years to come.

It wasn't a easy choice for me not to buy a spark, especially since you can spend 500 and tune them to 125ish horse on e85 (i think that's really cool) but I'm spending 10 grand as well..... I wanna make sure that 10 lasts as long as it can with no problems. I wanna change the oil, out fuel in it and ride the piss out of it. After all the issues others have had with the spark, and how many issues I've had with sea doos in the past, and the experience I've always had with Yamaha everything, it became a no braimer to me, and I sleep better at night with this in the garage instead of the sea doo.

Btw, I have a sea doo shirt on right now even.

The spark really is a cool ass ski too. I'm not knocking it, well not trying to anyways. It's really sweet you can buy the 3 up version, and convert to 2 up literally just buy un bolting the rear platform. That whole modular design of the hull is really cool to me. Like I said, it wasn't a easy choice.

Forum Member

I contemplate buying a pair of jet skis every spring/summer and never do. I don't think i'd get to use them enough to justify buying them. Wish I lived on a lake!

The seadoos supercharged anything over 155 hp. They are good for 150-200 hours before you have to spend $1100.00 to rebuild the supercharger.

last year I rode my ski 3 times and once was when I put it in the lake. Everyone else had a lot of fun riding it (family/friends). Not that I wasn't interested in riding it but;; life. restoring 2 vehicle, maintaining 2 houses, working 60+hours/week, doesn't leave a lot of free time.
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

I ride my stand up a good bit on lake st clair. I used to be on it most of the weekend and then kids happened.

Yeah, kids and marriages ruin a lot of stuff. I don't understand why people keep doing that to themselves. :-D

Thread Information