Thread: Places that straighten/brace axle housings?

Forum Member

Default Places that straighten/brace axle housings?

I've got a ford 8.8 99-04 length axle housing that I'm fairly certain is bent. Who around the detroit area could straighten it, brace it, and possibly put 9" ends on? Also what would be a normal price to pay for something like this, never looked into it at all. Thanks for any suggestions. Also I live in waterford and work in dearborn so the closer the places to that the better. I'm gonna give Teamz a shout as I'm sure they can do everything but curious where else.

All Kustom Machine in Washington does it. Thats who did mine.

Colin......be careful with the 9" ends. The axle tubes narrow on an 8.8, they have to cut that off to fit the larger bearings/ends. This of course means you need new axles (shorter) and your wheel/tire offset gets all screwed up. Not to mention you need different caliper brackets.

It is a can of worms.......ask me how I know.

--Joe

Kevin MacKenzie at AKM that SuperStang90 mentioned can handle all your needs... Ive had Kevin do many housing for me.... and I have taken housings to Kevin that were just shortened straightened by others that were crooked as hell... and Kevin fixed them.
    I watched the other day at a very well known shop as the welder "eye balled" the housing and said "close enough" in disbelief. Its not that difficult to get them perfect.... Ive worked with Kevin on several jobs he did for me while I waited.
    Kevin can supply you axles and ends, either c-lock or convert over to 9".... and supply you brakes/calipers and work out all the math so they fit perfect. I highly recommend him. Hes a incredible fabricator & welder.

Thread Information