Thread: Thought about putting this in chemically altered, I need flame thrower pointers.....

Default Thought about putting this in chemically altered, I need flame thrower pointers.....

So I've got this tractor, and I have been working with the exhaust tryin to get the best flame I can. I have propane I'm using now, off a camping bottle. My problem I mainly have it the flame will blow out in the wind. I ignite it either with a lighter, or I can get a good exhaust pop to light it off too, much like you'd see from some automotive flame throwing competitions. I want "shaboom" style flames eventually, but being that I've never ever experimented with this before, I'm learning a little here and there. Anyway, here's a little video of where I'm at with things so far.

Any pointers to help me out from anyone who's done this before?

https://youtu.be/EMDN84QM1HY

Thanks motown!

thats awesome, sorry i can't help

Since you have a fuel source, you might be able to use a spare ign. wire & non-projected spark plug with a dedicated ign coil, & wire the coil to a fused monetary switch. shebang should happen

I have been running flames off choke with it for a few years, although they're not nearly as high, they never blew out, and still don't now. I'm just trying to figure out how to keep them lit on the propane. I'm kinda wondering if it could even be a bottle pressure thing too, the bottle ices up even with my control valve barely cracked open. I've never even used one of these style bottles for anything.

Forum Member

I only know one guy with a flamethrower, and mounted onto his old Chevy he has a Model A (maybe Model T) coil & spark plug that has the threads of the plug threaded into the tailpipe. He revs the motor, turns off the ignition briefly and the fuel that is now unburned by the motor is ignited by the spark plug, turning into large flames out the back.

Thread Information