Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chevrolet Blazer debut

These will probably sell. I’d also rather see a new K5 Blazer.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Question

For the life of me I don't understand why another major
    manufacturer doesn't produce a Jeep Wrangler type
    vehicle, it would be so easy to make a better one too!

It's funny because they shrank the Acadia and XT5 down to the size of the old Equinox. They shrank the old Equinox to something not useful. Now they bring back the Blazer to fit between the mini-me Equinox and the Traverse. My wife will probably end up with one (or the new-size Acadia, probably not XT5 because it's ugly) even though she's been driving Equinoxes... but the 2018+ Equinox is about a foot short of useful. When they shrank it and made the rear seat no longer slide it was a non-starter.

If it's not a piece of shit like the Cherokee or as underwhelming-when-not-a-platinum Escape, it'll probably sell.

Club Member

Yep Ford is going back to a RWD Explorer and adding more performance to go gunning after the Jeep Grand Cherokee no doubt. I'm sure this Blazer will sell but man I sure wish they would have made it an actual truck, ie RWD based and preferably with a real frame. There are already zillions of car-based crossovers to choose from.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    I'm not so sure, the new JLs are pretty nice, perform well and get great mileage. If it was so easy someone would be doing it.

bring on the bronco
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Gelandewagen, Nissan Patrol, Toyota makes the Land Cruiser 70 series in a number of different configurations - 2dr, 4dr, pickup, wagon, etc. V8 Diesel with locking diffs and 3 pedals. The Defender still exists, the Nissan Patrol was amazing, though I'm not sure what they're like today. Toyota also makes the Land Cruiser Prado (closest to the 4runner), as well as the Fortuner.

There's a reason why when you watch overland videos from Australia and Africa, you very rarely see any Jeeps. Everyone says they just don't last compared to the others.
    The Gelandewagen Cabrio I think is a thing of the past which is kind of a bummer, but the Defender is still kicking ass. I might be more on board with the wrangler if it had a 4cylinder diesel and less fluffy BS. I don't give a single shit about any of the new tech or fancy bling. I know that most people that buy them don't ever leave the pavement, but it's boring to me. And more shit to fix further down the road when (not if) it fails.

I don't really do any offloading myself, but I plan to keep my old pile of shit for a long time. I'm more into exploring and taking pictures of shit then trying to climb mountains.

...And when it's time to replace it, I'll get an FJ, a newer model (TRD Pro?) or Tacoma.

Somebody on the Woodward facebook page photoshopped the new blazer front end on the Camaro and it looked much better. Ill see if I can find the pic.

This Blazer looks like The Explorer from the windshield to the C pillar then it transitions into a Jeep and everything below the beltline looks like an Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post

...And when it's time to replace it, I'll get an FJ, a newer model (TRD Pro?) or Tacoma.
    The problem is finding an FJ for a decent price. It seems as if once they stopped making them, the prices went up on the used ones a good amount. I really do like them and think they’re a great platform.

As for the 4Runner, well I dig those too. An SUV that you can actually off-road if you want. I wouldn’t mind a TRD Pro in that cement color.

I agree about the tech stuff in vehicles. I do not care about how my phone interacts with the vehicle.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    The problem is finding an FJ for a decent price. It seems as if once they stopped making them, the prices went up on the used ones a good amount. I really do like them and think they’re a great platform.

As for the 4Runner, well I dig those too. An SUV that you can actually off-road if you want. I wouldn’t mind a TRD Pro in that cement color.

I agree about the tech stuff in vehicles. I do not care about how my phone interacts with the vehicle.
    I have a coworker who is on the up and up about tech stuff. She is bragging about being able to start her Escape with the Ford app. She almost always would start her car to warm it up and walk to the parking lot only to find that she forgot her keys at her desk which is hilarious to me. If only there was some technology to ensure your keys are in your purse before you make the 1/8 mile walk to the parking lot. haha

Thread Information