Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most American made car...

Default Most American made car...

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Four Hondas in the Top 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Forum Member

These "most American" stories are so full of shit. There's more to car's American-ness than where final assembly is done, or even sub-component manufactured location. Go tell the tens of thousands of white collar GM, Ford, and Chrysler employees in Warren Tech, RenCen, Milford, Dearborn, Auburn Hills, etc. that those piece of shit Hondas are more American than theirs.

Sorry, not buying it.

Well you certainly couldn't do that for Chrysler, at least for IT given they sent nearly all of it to India.
    I decided not to train my replacement and left.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Cool

Well, according to that list I'm in pretty good shape.

I own two Chevy's, a Ford and a Honda.

Thank God I don't own any FCA

Club Member

Since FCA is number one, I'm happy to say I have four of them at my house, along with a chevy, a ford, and two hondas.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    Since FCA is number one, I'm happy to say I have four of them at my house, along with a chevy, a ford, and two hondas.
    And there is nothing more American than having eight cars! I have four for just me and my wife - two Chevy's, one Pontiac, and one Ford.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    These "most American" stories are so full of shit. There's more to car's American-ness than where final assembly is done, or even sub-component manufactured location. Go tell the tens of thousands of white collar GM, Ford, and Chrysler employees in Warren Tech, RenCen, Milford, Dearborn, Auburn Hills, etc. that those piece of shit Hondas are more American than theirs.

Sorry, not buying it.
    Responding from the Ren Cen. The article doesn't offend me in the slightest. All of these companies sell cars all over the world. The Honda's listed are really only here because they're specifically aimed at the North American market. I'd expect the volume of the Ridgeline and Pilot to be pretty low in most other places, assuming it's even offered elsewhere. The Corvette is an American icon...it pretty much has to be "American." I mean, pretty much all of the cars are on that list for a reason.

I'm employed by GM, work in the Ren Cen and talk to people all over the US, plus Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, South Korea, Russia, Switzerland, Italy, England and a whole bunch of other countries on a weekly basis. GM employs more people in the US than other countries, but contract workers and non-US GM employees are just as important as me. It doesn't bother me in the slightest bit where parts are produced are cars are assembled.
    '18 Regal GS

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyeLou View Post
    Responding from the Ren Cen. The article doesn't offend me in the slightest. All of these companies sell cars all over the world. The Honda's listed are really only here because they're specifically aimed at the North American market. I'd expect the volume of the Ridgeline and Pilot to be pretty low in most other places, assuming it's even offered elsewhere. The Corvette is an American icon...it pretty much has to be "American." I mean, pretty much all of the cars are on that list for a reason.

I'm employed by GM, work in the Ren Cen and talk to people all over the US, plus Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, South Korea, Russia, Switzerland, Italy, England and a whole bunch of other countries on a weekly basis. GM employs more people in the US than other countries, but contract workers and non-US GM employees are just as important as me. It doesn't bother me in the slightest bit where parts are produced are cars are assembled.
    So are you agreeing with me?

My point is that there's a lot more to making a company American (or not) than simply where the parts were manufactured or final assembly took place. Sure, GM is a multi-national and they build and sell cars all over the world. But it's still an American company. HQ is here. Profits are sent here. Vast majority of R&D, design, engineering, leadership is here. And that's why Honda or Toyota will always be Japanese, even if they established final assembly for the NA market in my garage and paid me rent. That's was my point... placing 4 PoS Japanese cars on the "Top 10 most American list" is a crock of shit.
    Last edited by Killjoy; 06-27-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Yeah its BS based purely off where parts are sourced. Take into account engineering, research, validation etc and the results would be much different.

Thread Information