Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ** Official MM Woodward Dream Cruise Parking Aug. 18th 2018**

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    This is definitely an option, and I am happy to work that out if it's the direction folks would like to go. I'd also like to hear some thoughts on it, and input on what we'd like catered. If nothing else I'm happy to grill to give Nick and Sarah a break.

Nick apx how many people do you think we have?
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAG-ULA View Post
    I'd be willing to help out on the grill as well. Or, we do something along the lines of "lunch is between 1-2 pm, after that cook your own food".
    I think at this point setting up catering needs to be something for next year as an option, i appreciate you both stepping up and trying to make this "easier" on me. I'd want to price it out up front/collect that during the same time i'm covering the spots etc.

Here's what my "week/day in life of Woodward" looks like.

2 full evenings of shopping at Costco/various other stores to get everything we need
    Organizing a "large" vehicle that fits everything(big bbq/etc)
    Getting everything organized/loaded up(bbq/untensils/cooler/ice/drinks/etc)
    Getting to the lot the morning of, unloading it all again.. Setting up the grill, eazy-ups/etc.
    Grilling lunch
    Few hour break then fire up the grill again for dinner
    Clean up everything, take down eazy-ups/etc and reload into the car.
    Get to relax for an hour or so and then leave Woodward.
    Get back home, unload everything again.

Here's what I need help with/plans
    1. When i get there i know everyone is good as usually good at helping unload, I need a few people to take over setting up the eazy-ups/signs/etc. It really helps if others join in so that i can start getting the food etc ready.
    2. Justin's and others have offered to help at the grill, I should be good there. I really need just need 1 grill-mate to keep me in the loop of what we need more of, moving the burgers/dogs from the grill so i can focus on getting the food out.
    3. I'm thinking we set 2 grill times like John mentioned(I sort of did this last year and it helped). I'll start serving lunch from 12-1(we'll keep the extra burgers/dogs warm) and then i'll have dinner going from 4-5(again we'll have extra burgers/dogs cooked up) in case anyone wants to eat after and we'll still have all of the "snacks" out.
    4. After dinner the grill will be cooled off/cleaned up some and loaded. I'd like to get some of the bigger items loaded up before it gets dark(for instance if we don't need the eazy-ups any more based on the weather then we can take those down and get them loaded). I hate "yelling/asking" for help and I know a lot of you jump in already. If you see me/others loading stuff, just ask if you can give a hand.
    5. Spread the word, it'll be a good time as always!! The sooner the better so I can "un-stress" about selling it out lol.
    Last edited by CMYZ28; 07-05-2018 at 07:11 PM.

I look forward to meeting you guys!

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by my89notchback View Post
    I look forward to meeting you guys!
    You'll have a great time!

do you do venmo ?

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Payment sent Thank you

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

We just got a new car that should be more woodward friendly, I havent been in a few years now, would like to go this year. I will let you know very soon and send money for a spot.

Bryan

Forum Member

Just paid for a spot and renewing membership .Forgot to put from Ghost Stang on paypal .Thanks Nick

Quote Originally Posted by CMYZ28 View Post
    I think at this point setting up catering needs to be something for next year as an option, i appreciate you both stepping up and trying to make this "easier" on me. I'd want to price it out up front/collect that during the same time i'm covering the spots etc.

Here's what my "week/day in life of Woodward" looks like.

2 full evenings of shopping at Costco/various other stores to get everything we need
    Organizing a "large" vehicle that fits everything(big bbq/etc)
    Getting everything organized/loaded up(bbq/untensils/cooler/ice/drinks/etc)
    Getting to the lot the morning of, unloading it all again.. Setting up the grill, eazy-ups/etc.
    Grilling lunch
    Few hour break then fire up the grill again for dinner
    Clean up everything, take down eazy-ups/etc and reload into the car.
    Get to relax for an hour or so and then leave Woodward.
    Get back home, unload everything again.

Here's what I need help with/plans
    1. When i get there i know everyone is good as usually good at helping unload, I need a few people to take over setting up the eazy-ups/signs/etc. It really helps if others join in so that i can start getting the food etc ready.
    2. Justin's and others have offered to help at the grill, I should be good there. I really need just need 1 grill-mate to keep me in the loop of what we need more of, moving the burgers/dogs from the grill so i can focus on getting the food out.
    3. I'm thinking we set 2 grill times like John mentioned(I sort of did this last year and it helped). I'll start serving lunch from 12-1(we'll keep the extra burgers/dogs warm) and then i'll have dinner going from 4-5(again we'll have extra burgers/dogs cooked up) in case anyone wants to eat after and we'll still have all of the "snacks" out.
    4. After dinner the grill will be cooled off/cleaned up some and loaded. I'd like to get some of the bigger items loaded up before it gets dark(for instance if we don't need the eazy-ups any more based on the weather then we can take those down and get them loaded). I hate "yelling/asking" for help and I know a lot of you jump in already. If you see me/others loading stuff, just ask if you can give a hand.
    5. Spread the word, it'll be a good time as always!! The sooner the better so I can "un-stress" about selling it out lol.
    Sounds good Nick!

I will work on getting pricing for catering this year and explore some options. Then we can implement it next year if you want.

If there is anything else I can do to help, give me a shout.

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    do you do venmo ?
    I've heard of it but never used it, maybe someone else here does and can forward it on via paypal?

Elected Club Official

Thread updated with current paid individuals.

Thread Information