Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for someone to do some minor fab and welding on my nephew's bike trailer.

Default Recommendation for someone to do some minor fab and welding on my nephew's bike trailer.

****Update Chris (my89notchback) and his son Carson took care of it. Thanks again Chris it was great meeting you and drooling over your Mustang and Bar stool racer.****

I have a nephew with autism. He's 22 years old he can't drive a car. He loves to ride his bike to the store and laundry mat pulling one of those kid carrier trailers. My sister was telling me that his dream is to be able to hook up the trailer to his fat tire bike. The trailer rides to close to the bike and rubs the rear tire. I'm looking for someone or a shop that can extend either the round steel coupling around 4" or the add the 4" to the square steel tube.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

Last edited by capone; 07-08-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Where are you located? I might be too far for you though. No charge!
    Last edited by my89notchback; 07-06-2018 at 04:47 PM.

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

Quote Originally Posted by my89notchback View Post
    Where are you located? I might be too far for you though. No charge!
    I appreciate that offer of no charge. But I will gladly pay someone for their time and skill. I'm in Clinton Township. I have no problem driving to you.

I don’t want anything to help you out. I’m here all weekend working on my house. I’m sure I have the material to extend it for you.

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

Quote Originally Posted by my89notchback View Post
    I don’t want anything to help you out. I’m here all weekend working on my house. I’m sure I have the material to extend it for you.
    Awesome Pm incoming

Can’t really tell from the pics, is it extended out all the way? The arm on my kids trailer extended with a bolt removal.

Hey Matt! If you can't travel to Goodrich easily, I would be happy to help you and your nephew out as well. I have materials and the welders on standby. My garage is located at 9 mile and I-75.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    Can’t really tell from the pics, is it extended out all the way? The arm on my kids trailer extended with a bolt removal.
    Yes it is. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by standy View Post
    Hey Matt! If you can't travel to Goodrich easily, I would be happy to help you and your nephew out as well. I have materials and the welders on standby. My garage is located at 9 mile and I-75.
    Thanks for the offer I really appreciate it. My mother n law lives near Goodrich so we will stop and see her after were done.

if any of this falls through I can have my fab guys at work take care of it. It would be Monday though they're off today.

If no one can get to it this weekend I could make an adapter piece Monday at work and mail it to you. You would unbolt the sprung hitch portion, Bolt the adapter to the square tube using the same hole and then bolt the sprung hitch portion to the adapter. I would just need to know the ID and OD of the steel tubing, and reference location for the bolt hole unless you wanted to drill the hole yourself.

Thanks
    Jeremy

Thread Information