Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Classic car insurance ASAP

Default Need Classic car insurance ASAP

Any recomendations on getting insurance for my 66 Nova today or tomorrow? I tried hagerty and grundy but both have an approval waiting period. Looking to get plates on my car tomorrow. Also tried progressive as that is who I am insured with for my other cars but they wanted $275 a month (crazy talk). Need to be able to do this via phone or computer as I work and will not have time to go somewhere. Thanks

I've used National Corvette Museum in the past. They farm it out to American Modern insurance. I think I was able to get a proof of insurance pretty quickly without a waiting period, but don't remember for sure.

Also, there is a guy on here who is a sponsor who does insurance.

Sean Kammeraad @ JL Schwartz Insurance
    Phone (616) 784-7200
    Website – www.schwartzins.net
    Email – seank@schwartzins.net
    Motown Contact – Kammi10

Sign through Progressive then cancel when you find something cheaper.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

J. C Taylor has always been great for me and my family they can email you proof of insurance fast. I have had 1 claim with them due to an electrical fire in my old 69 chevelle and they paid to have everything replace from the headliner to the carpet and even gave me a supplement chack for addl labor and cost for the install.

I can't recall exactly how long it took but I seem to remember Sean got my K10 setup with Grundy pretty quick.
    -Joel
    95 Z28 6 Speed 373rwhp
    84 K10 4 Speed bitchin 305
    02 Z71

Forum Member

Grundy has been great. They have an MVP program where you can also insure your DD's very cheap. It's ridiculously cheap, it's agreed upon value coverage for ALL your vehicles, and they were awesome with claims. I had (2) significant claims in the last 9 months on the DD's and they handled them well.

Did you call them or just go through the site? Calling, they may be able to expedite. They are underwritten by AIG, so that's probably the reason for the lag.

J. C Taylor everything has to be done via mail back and forth and will take some time to get approved. Grundy declined me due to me wanting to drive the car occasionaly to work and for pleasure. Still waiting to hear back again from Hagerty and a few others i have left messages for.

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    Grundy has been great. They have an MVP program where you can also insure your DD's very cheap. It's ridiculously cheap, it's agreed upon value coverage for ALL your vehicles, and they were awesome with claims. I had (2) significant claims in the last 9 months on the DD's and they handled them well.

Did you call them or just go through the site? Calling, they may be able to expedite. They are underwritten by AIG, so that's probably the reason for the lag.
    This.

It's what I use. Love it. No problem at all, I can buy a car, call that day and have insurance that day. I can give you my rep's number if you want.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Quote Originally Posted by jameser View Post
    J. C Taylor everything has to be done via mail back and forth and will take some time to get approved. Grundy declined me due to me wanting to drive the car occasionaly to work and for pleasure. Still waiting to hear back again from Hagerty and a few others i have left messages for.
    I'm pretty sure my Grundy policy states I can drive my truck to work 1 day per week or less
    -Joel
    95 Z28 6 Speed 373rwhp
    84 K10 4 Speed bitchin 305
    02 Z71

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Quote Originally Posted by jameser View Post
    Grundy declined me due to me wanting to drive the car occasionaly to work and for pleasure.
    I drive my 51 Chevy to work all the time. I don't have it insured as a classic, I have full coverage on it with the value set at what I want. It's a little more money than classic car insurance, but there are no restrictions.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Thread Information