Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: small shop/garage ideas?

Default small shop/garage ideas?

I, and Im assuming most members on here, don't have a huge garage or shop. What space saving ideas or devices do you have or know of?

I have a standard 2 car garage and its is just deep enough to park at the end of the garage and squeeze by the vehicle. I don't have a ton of room on the sides either

Some things I have been considering are:

Fold up metal welding table/assembly table

Raise all of my shelving higher and put all my bolt bins/paint cabinet higher on the wall to avoid obstructions around the perimeter of the shop.

Some things I wish I had more room for:

sheet metal fab area, larger work bench, my professional tool box....

I have a large matco box at a different house with all of my craftsman tools in it and I am currently limited to a small craftsman box with all of my matco tools in it lol.

Any tips or tricks to add. Maybe this thread can help someone out down the line who is building a shop or outfitting an existing work space.

i like this thread..hopefully there are some ideas. im working out of a 2 car garage before i rent a small building, so far it sucks room wise due to a big body mopar being stored on one side and the side i have to work on has benches, tool boxes, cabinets,ect.

I have a 51 Ford F1 truck and a 3 place jet ski trailer in my garage. The trailer is a pain to move in/out The truck is getting fab work done soon so I have to jockey small projects around as it is.

I have my 69 Mustang and all of my larger tools/ bench grinder/ anything in a blow molded case/ engine stand/ cherry picker all at another house because I have zero extra room for all of that stuff.

I figured that there would be some decent suggestions due to many members in the metro Detroit area having smaller older homes.

Build a shelf up in the peak of the garage and wedge your compressor up there and off the floor. just make sure you can drain it, Drill a hole and run a pipe and valve down.

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    Build a shelf up in the peak of the garage and wedge your compressor up there and off the floor. just make sure you can drain it, Drill a hole and run a pipe and valve down.
    I have a 60 gal upright. Im not sure that I can do exactly that, but I do really like that idea!

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    I have a 60 gal upright. Im not sure that I can do exactly that, but I do really like that idea!
    If you think its prolly only 6' tall the rafter area is more like 5', so even if the base is a 1' lower than the rafter...

Plus you could take the intake out the roof or side of the peak and really quiet it down in there...

If you think its prolly only 6' tall the rafter area is more like 5', so even if the base is a 1' lower than the rafter...

Plus you could take the intake out the roof or side of the peak and really quiet it down in there...
    I cant even imagine putting the compressor up there. That thing was heavy as hell trying to get it out of a truck

damn good idea!!

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Buy a shed and get everything not car related out of there!
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

check out this website tons of ideas

http://www.garagejournal.com/

Thread Information