Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holistic veterinarian questions

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Quote Originally Posted by 2001-WS6 View Post
    Another thing to consider is skin yeast infections getting spread with the licking and scratching. you'll notice the smell in most cases. We used to do a rinse after the bath, with a gallon of warm water, cup of white vinegar and twtwenty drops of peppermint oil from good source company. Yes... it's a douche rinse lol... just keep away from their nose and eyes and light towel dry then and let them air dry. It helps keep the yeast under control and the peppermint cooling sensation helps reduce the itching and licking for a while.
    She gets a bath twice a month with medicated shampoo. When we first got her she was a mess, and our usual vet recommended we see the guy we've been with. Same office thankfully. Since she's been seeing him it's gotten way better, but she still has issues.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    My girlfriend is a vet that specializes in dermatology and she seemed to have solved my dog's allergies. Like yours, he was always scratching or licking his paws and I had no idea what was going on until she took him to work with her and tested him out. He was on the apoquel and it didn't do much, so she put him on prednisone starting with one pill daily and gradually working him down to 1/2 a pill every other day and weaning him off. During that time we also changed his food from Pro Plan to Science Diet and he is much better now. He has been off the pills about two weeks and shows no signs of allergies. The Science Diet is expensive but she gets it at cost right from the Hills rep that visits her work every week.
    Apoquill definitely helps Marge. Her foster mom tried a bunch of different foods with her, and she said what Marge is on right now is the best for her allergies. We haven't really tried switching her food, mainly because Marge was with the foster for almost a year. They didn't want to adopt her out with her issues. In that time, Karen (foster mom) said she tried every food that didn't have anything on Marge's allergy list. However, Marge wasn't on apoquill then either. Maybe we'll switch her food. And you have a PM coming. Thanks Bob.
    I used to be 'with it'. Then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm 'with' isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me.......

1948 Dodge B1 pickup

Thread Information