Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford EEC V programming

Default Ford EEC V programming

This is a new territory for me but I think I need to program and tune a PCM. Without going into crazy detail, I have a 1951 Ford F1 that has a 1999/2001 Cobra engine swap and a Ron Francis standalone wire harness. The PCM is from a 2003 Cobra and had a Diablo Sport chip in it. The truck didn't run properly/at all with the Diablo Sport chip so I installed the OE chip that has the PATS (anti-theft) deleted. Since the 03/04 Cobras a supercharged, the tuning is obviously incorrect. I have a completely stock 2001 Cobra PCM. I would like to use that PCM as a startpoint. I would just delete PATS and then eventually tune the PCM myself when I install different performance parts (looking at doing big NA cams in the future). I have been looking at TwEECer which has the ability to delete PATS. Does anyone have any insight?

I have an SCT Xcal3 that is married to a car I sold, I could pay to unlock it and order some email tunes but that is still a few hundred bucks when everything is all said and done. TwEECer is like 300-400 from my limited research.

I have a few prototype pcms for some older stuff... Looks like lots of 5.0 era stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    I have a few prototype pcms for some older stuff... Looks like lots of 5.0 era stuff
    I don't need any additional PCMs for this, I'm looking for more advice in regards to tuning them.

it might be possible to take the non forced induction programmed pcm and flash it with a file that would better suit the engine's needs. I'm no ford tuning expert, but I do have the 'tools' necessary to transfer the data onto the pcm while it's installed in the respective vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Beigg View Post
    it might be possible to take the non forced induction programmed pcm and flash it with a file that would better suit the engine's needs. I'm no ford tuning expert, but I do have the 'tools' necessary to transfer the data onto the pcm while it's installed in the respective vehicle.
    agreed, I know it can be done with gm pcms of the era, and hp tuners will do it
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Forum Member

I wouldn't mess with trying to put the N/A cal into the 03/04 EEC, I'm sure they're different in more ways than just the cal.
    I'd find an 01 EEC and use that, or go with a PIMP or other standalone.
    In my experience, and if I could do it again I would go with the EEC that matches the engine for the baseline and work from that.

I have 2 PCMs. I'm currently running the 03 because it has the PATS deleted. The 01 is bone stock so I need to delete PATS so it'll fire the engine up.

What are you using for software?

What I'd use is hpt.

What I'd use is hpt.
    Can you plug into the PCM by itself? How much would you charge to just delete PATS and leave the stock 2001 Cobra tune?

How do you like HPT? I just started doing a little research on them.

Thread Information